The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

This made me snigger. My daughter was alway shouting for some to get the spider out of the bath for her.

I can imagine the scream finding this behind the toaster first thing in the morning

post-13601-0-66025500-1400523394_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I found an article on BBC website yesterday about how slang comes & goes - some phrases are very long lived, others are 'so yesterday'.

The bit that made me laugh was a phrase form Victorian times, which shows how eloquent insults can be:

'You, sir, are a thief and a murderer. You have killed a baboon & stolen it's face!'

I'm keeping this one in special reserve for particularly high ranking dingbats... ;)

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Little Missy came to us 15 weeks ago.  She was a lost, hungry and frightened little thing when she turned up at our patio window.  I'd heard faint meows for a few days beforehand, but couldn't find anything when looking around the garden.  Then, a few nights later, she came to the kitchen patio door.  We opened it up and waited in the freezing cold until she plucked up the courage to come in.  She's been with us ever since.

post-9175-0-53355100-1400698662_thumb.jpg

post-9175-0-73246400-1400698645_thumb.jpg

She gets on really well with our other cat, Alfie.  Bit of play fighting, but no real scraps.  Funny thing is that Alfie has stopped scratching at us ever since and has definately become a much more mild mannered cat.  

• Like 19

Apologies if we've had this before. Is the signalman or driver on here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM7BX43nXIg

Cheers,

Mick

Loved it! - but it weren't me.

Mind you, a few years ago, a colleague was admonished by the Signal Manager for using the phrase "Drive" when speaking to Drivers.

Mercifully (for us) the manager has now moved on to inflict pain and misery to other parts of the country......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

"the project will replace the unsupported and non-scalable Shift Logic with the best of breed, robust and scalable ClickSoftware Click Roster tool. "

Makes me smile that they thought this would mean anything to those they sent it too ;)

So robust is the opposite of unsupported and as to scalable ? ? ? ? Is that kettles ? ;)