The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

G'Day Folks

I've always been told/read/heard that the Pyramids, were the tombs of dead Pharaohs, who, believed in the afterlife and took all their worldly goods with them, (as seen with 'King Tut'), First of all, the dead were buried underground, the 'Pyramid' was just the headstone or marker, slowly this became and actual burial place as the Pyramids got bigger, the same still happens to-day, 'Mines Bigger than Yours" until it culminated in the three largest Pyramids at 'Giza', The trouble is, when you advertise your wealth, you are inviting people to steal it, all the Pyramids were looted within a few years, so the Pharaohs, became a lot more careful, hiding their bodies and loot, in small underground tombs in remote valleys away from prying eyes, even that didn't help, as the people building the tombs, were the ones looting them a year or two later.

As for all the Carp, written about them, it's just that, 'Mostly' Carp.

On a lighter note, here's wishing you all a Happy New year, and don't you wish to be near the Beach

What ocean?

Keith

Looks like the bottom of the ocean to me!

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Why should we think we are at the peak of human knowledge and achievement?

I sincerely hope that we aren't.

It would be a poor state of affairs if, after thousands upon thousands of years of evolution and centuries of discovery and great scientists, from Newton to Einstein, the pinnacle of human achievement was the selfie-stick.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I sincerely hope that we aren't.

It would be a poor state of affairs if, after thousands upon thousands of years of evolution and centuries of discovery and great scientists, from Newton to Einstein, the pinnacle of human achievement was the selfie-stick.

In "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy", it was the digital watch!

• Like 1

So do clackers :jester:

I saw a couple of broken wrists caused by clackers but never a black eye. S'pose that was feasible with a split ring piece.

For those of a certain age that's never heard of clackers. Watch till the end.

• RMweb Premium

i threw my clackers in the air they got rapt round our telephone wire where they hug from  for a couple of years until take down by an engineer 

John 

Edited by jbqfc
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Deely bobbers and clackers for me.

Mike.

What you do in your spare time is entirely up to you.

I saw a couple of broken wrists caused by clackers but never a black eye. S'pose that was feasible with a split ring piece.

:O  :O  :O

Some places banned them.

I seem to remember the selling of them was outlawed. That was about the time that I'd perfected my triple clacker bolas that was smashing for throwing into the spokes of your unsuspecting mates bike wheels when they rode along. Oh how we laughed as they catapulted over the handlebars into the path of oncoming motorists.

Pah! The kids of today don't know they're born.

• RMweb Premium

If you look at the larger motor there are signs someone has been inside it. ( first video)

I suspect a couple of penny batteries and a smaller motor inside.

and one side of battery connected to motor case (else the motor would discharge the battery before he'd glued it all together if initially connected to both motor terminals). He was careful to connect both motors to the case at the same time, to give the illusion that somehow one would drive the other, and the other could drive the one, whatever.

• RMweb Premium

If you look at the larger motor there are signs someone has been inside it. ( first video)

I suspect a couple of penny batteries and a smaller motor inside.

and one side of battery connected to motor case (else the motor would discharge the battery before he'd glued it all together if initially connected to both motor terminals). He was careful to connect both motors to the case at the same time, to give the illusion that somehow one would drive the other, and the other could drive the one, whatever.

There are plenty of these "free electricity" videos on You Tube.

They are quite entertaining in their own way.

Keith

Prediction for 2019: China will make a massive push to increase tourism, as well as an increase in gemstone mining.

They have the Great Wall, have Money and now they have the Dark Side of the Moon.

Logically, "Wish you were here" and "Shine on, you crazy diamond" are next.

• Like 5