The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

The pub I am in has a collection of potato mashers hanging on the wall...minus one!

The landlord said that a woman who comes in regularly was In the local market when she thought she saw the missing masher and confronted the trader. The trader decided to give in and let the woman take it.

Turns out it's not the one that was stolen!!!

Despite the collection of mashers it's a great pub and great beer.

post-1557-0-26876800-1388850818_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

"Don't Mention the War" - Basil Fawlty

This amused me today (a piece in the Mail Online about a list of Dos and Don'ts compiled for British hoteliers by VisitBritain).

Even CNN picked up on it, and where I first noticed it.

"DO: Realize that Australian people are being endearing when they make jokes about Poms."

Ummm, no, they're really not! Particularly if prefixed (as is customary) with a sanguine adjective.

Though I do have to admit, one should never address a visitor from Canada as an "American".

When they reply "I'm sorry, but I'm not an American, eh," they are probably really really cross. ;)

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Gold

"Don't Mention the War" - Basil Fawlty

This amused me today (a piece in the Mail Online about a list of Dos and Don'ts compiled for British hoteliers by VisitBritain).

Even CNN picked up on it, and where I first noticed it.

Ummm, no, they're really not! Particularly if prefixed (as is customary) with a sanguine adjective.

Though I do have to admit, one should never address a visitor from Canada as an "American".

When they reply "I'm sorry, but I'm not an American, eh," they are probably really really cross. ;)

We've noticed that more and more we are being asked if we "are Australian" when in the US, I usually reply "No Just one of the colonies"

Last September we were on a cruise ship with some Oz and Kiwi's, An American asked me if I was Australian, they were bemused as the American had no idea what their accents were, when we explained where they were from he had no clue and was convinced we were kidding him ! 

I'm getting a T shirt made with "I'm not an Australian" on it for the next holiday.

I'm really sorry - but this left me ROTFLMAO ! Don't put the speakers on if you object to bad language - but I do agree with him!

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/KBxSntGGm8U?rel=0

Did you really Roll on the floor laughing .................... ? This action would surely put Weight Watchers out of business! (Of course I am not implying that you need WW and obviously other weight watching methods are available also)