The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

This was a while back when tax disks were still required.

I reported that I had seen the vehicle running around and parked without a current tax for some time (somewhat more than a month)

The Police said it wasn't their responsibility and to contact the DVLA which I did.

They didn't appear to do anything as the car carried on driving around for a while but after about 2 months (after the start of a new month) it appeared with a new tax disc for that month.

Whoever it was had got away without taxing it for at least two months (presumably claiming SORN).

Keith

It still applies - if you had followed the link you would have found out that the website shows whether or not a vehicle is taxed - so first check to see if it is taxed and then report it if it isn't taxed.  The only difference from the days when tax discs were used is that you have to check online whether or not a vehicle is taxed.

I too reported one to the police a few years back and their response well if the disc is only a couple of months out of date maybe the new disc has been delayed.  It didn't surprise me as Thames Valley Police seem to have a very limited interest in enforcing the law except when it comes to speed cameras and their occasional use of their own camera vehicle to check for tax dodgers (and yes, there was even a killing as part of an affray in the street about 80 feet from the door of our staffed local police station some years back - they took no interest in a fight which developed and someone was kicked to death).