The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

This one is doing the rounds on Facebook, the thing is, instead of grasping the humor of the post I immediately identified the location on the right and was impressed by how the compression of the zoom lens accentuated the changes in gradient!

Most on here will get it right away!

post-188-0-16424700-1521638225.jpg

Jim

• Like 1

The Scotsman Newspaper yesterday was reporting on unique names being given to children in Scotland.  Boys with a unique name in 2017 included Amazon, Boston-Blu, Fox, Jaxn, Nimbus, Ransom, Sheriff and Tiger.

OK  - so who was the Deltic Fan that named his son after 55020!!

Jim

At least is wasn't D9003.

• RMweb Gold

I reported an untaxed vehicle to the police once and the reply was "Not our job anymore" :scratchhead:

Keith

Indeed it isn't - your best route to do so nowadays is to report it online to the DVLA, they then send out the clamping gang (provided you tell then where to find the vehicle).

https://www.gov.uk/report-untaxed-vehicle

There are loads of cars in our road not showing a valid tax disc....

I can remember reading, back in the fifties, that people such as former officers in HM Forces used to regard it as "a good giggle" to display a suitable beer bottle label rather than a tax disk...

• RMweb Premium

Indeed it isn't - your best route to do so nowadays is to report it online to the DVLA, they then send out the clamping gang (provided you tell then where to find the vehicle).

https://www.gov.uk/report-untaxed-vehicle

This was a while back when tax disks were still required.

I reported that I had seen the vehicle running around and parked without a current tax for some time (somewhat more than a month)

The Police said it wasn't their responsibility and to contact the DVLA which I did.

They didn't appear to do anything as the car carried on driving around for a while but after about 2 months (after the start of a new month) it appeared with a new tax disc for that month.

Whoever it was had got away without taxing it for at least two months (presumably claiming SORN).

Keith

Edited by melmerby