The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

The first car I drove regularly was a 1967 Daf with 6V electrics. I swear its feeble dark brown headlamp beams did exactly that :D.

I had the same issues with my 1959 6v volkswagen beetle, I had a great idea to put a pair of spotlights on the bonnet, 12v ones that I put new bulbs in, they looked great, but when switched on at night they fought for the meagre supply of amps being produced by the dynamo and not only did the headlights go dim, but the car slowed down as well.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

I see Serco have taken over the hospital maintenace contracts from Carrilion.

Which good for providing continuity of maintenance of hospitals, and keeping the staff in work.

However Serco are kings of Carp pay, so in the long term not so good for the staff..

I had the same issues with my 1959 6v volkswagen beetle, I had a great idea to put a pair of spotlights on the bonnet, 12v ones that I put new bulbs in, they looked great, but when switched on at night they fought for the meagre supply of amps being produced by the dynamo and not only did the headlights go dim, but the car slowed down as well.

Mike.

About 25 years ago I had an ancient Honda C90 Step-Thru "motorcycle" as interim transport, having blown up my proper bike during a period of abject poverty. Its electrical system, just adequate when new, had deteriorated to the point where, if you switched the indicators on, the bike would proceed in a series of violent lurches in time with their flashing as they robbed every Joule of energy from everything else. This was made even more exciting by the advanced state of wear of every bush and spindle in the suspension rendering the whole machine a collection of loosely connected parts advancing as a sort of cloud of mechanical doom. All I needed was a red nose and a pair of big shoes and I could have named my price with any circus in the country :D.

My immediate reaction was to show this to my wife...........................................but I quickly came to my senses and thought better of it.

i did, I too came to my senses or is that come round . .  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Had to call my energy supplier today and was put in a queue to be answered. Instead of the expected "greensleeves" tune, I was treated to a recorded lecture on the various types of zinc alloys.

I was obviously listening to the hold mazak.

• Like 1

Had to call my energy supplier today and was put in a queue to be answered. Instead of the expected "greensleeves" tune, I was treated to a recorded lecture on the various types of zinc alloys.

I was obviously listening to the hold mazak.

We really do need a Groan button 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Showed my missus.

Her reply was, 'That's what's in the Mrs Beetons cookbook from 1861'.

I said, 'You never learn do you?'

My right ear if ever so tingly, where the back of her had met it!

You're lucky she didn't have Mrs Beetons cookbook from 1861 in it at the time.

Mike.