The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Just discovered this promising new YouTube channel of a bloke trying his hand at various things while wearing a headcam and making a hash of them. Short and funny, the garden one is the best so far! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsfO3qhfcTvcPQGd3ppBqww/videos

Just what I needed to watch before soldering a load of wires onto a printed circuit board. Which end of the soldering iron do you hold?

G'Day Gents

As long as the trolley doesn't damage their paintwork, in which case you could be up for criminal damage if some do gooder sees you and writes down your registration number. My feeling is that the metal trollies used in the UK would.

Edited by Baby Deltic

As long as the trolley doesn't damage their paintwork,... My feeling is that the metal trollies used in the UK would.

The plastic ones, with sufficient momentum, certainly can damage the bodywork. I recently saw one get loose in a sloping car park. It made quite a nasty dent. (Curiously the paintwork was fine.)

Scottish Independence

If Scotland gains its independence in the next possible referendum, the remainder of the United Kingdom will be known as the "Former United Kingdom", or FUK.

In a bid to discourage the Scots from voting "Yes" in this referendum, Theresa May will campaign with the slogan "Vote NO, for FUK's sake."

She feels Scottish voters will be able to relate to this.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is a video of an eagle's flight from the top of the world's tallest building to his handler below. The eagle was fitted with a camera and released from the top of the 2,715 foot Burj Khalifa building in Dubai.

The eagle had no idea where the tiny speck of land was that his handler was standing on or what it looked like among all of the other islands and buildings and people.

Somewhere along the way, the eagle actually picks out and recognizes his trainer from among all of the other objects, people, etc.

You can see him looking, looking, looking for his trainer, who is invisible to the human eye and the camera, and then once he spots him, he folds his wings and drops like a bullet straight to his trainer.

What is surprising is not only how efficiently the eagle spots his trainer from that altitude, but how smooth its flight is, with no camera shake whatsoever, even when it goes into a power dive.

May we all have the eyes of an eagle.

Here is the video link.https://www.youtube.com/embed/6g95E4VSfj0?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0

Guaranteed enjoyment.

He did give the eagle a fighting chance by standing in a big orange square and wearing an orange tee shirt.

TBH, I spotted the square before the eagle did!

Mike.

Given the current political landscape in Sweden, that 'accidental' may not be such after all ;)

Until about 1990, Radio National in Australia used to broadcast the Goon Show at 2pm every weekday, unless Parliament was sitting when it would broadcast Question Time. It was often joked that nobody could tell the difference.

Cheers

David

• Like 3