The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

We are trialling an iPad app in work for 'real time' train running info, the data is inputted into the app prior to departure and it brings up the train details and various timing points en route, the pad is then housed in sight in a dedicated holder in the cab

When you complete your leg of the journey you then input the reason why you were late at the various points where you have picked up as being behind time, quite a clever piece of kit really, until it throws a wobbler!

As you can see below it claimed I was some 9 million minutes late departing chirk (even though I hadn't left and was stationary in the yard at the time) which equated to 18.7 years late!

I tried to log out but when I logged back in with the train info it thought I was continuing my journey from my last log out point and kept me 9 million minutes late so the only way to cure it was to "complete the journey" while still in chirk and send the data off complete with reason code and notes before I could restart the journey correctly

See the image below and my explanation for being 18 years late departing

5583041E-DD3C-42AC-AB4A-CF8FBFBEA48F.jpg

The rest of the 'note' says "called doc brown for guidance but no help"

Hope it gives someone in the office a laugh tomorrow, either that or I'll get the sack!

• Like 2

...my explanation for being 18 years late departing5583041E-DD3C-42AC-AB4A-CF8FBFBEA48F.jpg

The rest of the 'note' says "called doc brown for guidance but no help"

Hope it gives someone in the office a laugh tomorrow, either that or I'll get the sack!

More likely you'll find yourself promoted to senior management.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

More likely these days, they'll claim it's been overcooked for being in the same room as a cooker...

Chefs like to sell you light and fluffy because air costs nothing.

Raw and undercooked because electricity and gas does cost something...

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Premium

More likely these days, they'll claim it's been overcooked for being in the same room as a cooker...

Chefs like to sell you light and fluufy because air costs nothing.

Raw and undercooked because electricity and gas does cost something...

Mmmmm blue steak, yummy!

G'Day Gents

Now how's this for a Dumb Ass, Kills animals he can't eat (in this case a Wolf) wears 'Camo' clothing so he can't be seen, then wears a "High Vis vest" so other hunters don't shoot him...........................

manna

post-19471-0-82842800-1494971782.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

G'Day Gents

Now how's this for a Dumb Ass, Kills animals he can't eat (in this case a Wolf) wears 'Camo' clothing so he can't be seen, then wears a "High Vis vest" so other hunters don't shoot him...........................

manna

I've seen "hunters" in the US wearing camouflage patterned hi-vis clothing, which rather amused me.

• Like 1

There is method in the madness in the high vis DPM (disruptive pattern material) clothes most of the hunted animals are colour blind so the fact that it's bright orange is irrelevant as they can't see it as anything other than a shade of gray. Where as the other red necks can, as long as they stay away from the moonshine

G'Day Gents

manna

Yep, what a hero. Probably used a high powered 7.62 with a Mega scope that even a redneck couldn't miss with and took it down from 400m away. I wonder how he'd go if things were more even. Honestly these d#ckheads give me the sh!ts. As an ex soldier I'd like to suggest this peanut would fill his underpants in about 3/8's of a second if the poor old wolf could shoot back.

Sorry Andy, rant over now ! Delete it if it's too much.

• Like 3