The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I spent my tea break looking at my toenails. They really are pink, much more pink than my finger nails.

- Richard.

You must have picked up the wrong shade bottle of varnish when you did your fingernails then. Edited by BoD

I bought a laptop on eBay, and it was missing some tiny screws. The spare screws arrived today:

attachicon.gifDSCF6007.jpg

This is the packaging, just the three screws and an anti-static bag to hold them, and brought by ParcelForce:

attachicon.gifDSCF6009.jpg

Sorry if this is the wrong topic to put this, but I have to share it.

- Richard.

Did you have to sign for it as well?

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Did you have to sign for it as well?

Stewart

Of course! Even the usually sullen ParcelForce chap ventured it could have been sent as an envelope.

I've fitted the screws into the laptop, where they hold the hinge cover into place.

And I'll probably think of my toes every time I see them.

- Richard.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Well, you may haven't, but perhaps it's high time to interrogate the Mrs on her whereabouts whilst you was sleeping? Or the kids, even?

:jester:

Well - she has her own house. But I will talk to Teddy Bear. Over the years he has grown to be more like me - in particular a weakness to be led astray and a face of innocence with a puzzled look in times of adversity. He doesn't need nail varnish himself (no nails) but she may have set him up to it.

- Richard.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Different rechargers do different things. Some I have have a red light then go green on completion; some the light blinks during charging and then steady on completion; another is amber on charge and green on completion; and yet another is green on charge, then go out on completion. So, for the cat above, I'd suggest the eyes go out when finished :)

Beach Drive (No Beach Access)

In a similar vein at Strome Ferry on Loch Carron.

Strome Ferry (No Ferry)

(There was a ferry up to 1970)

While they might count as 'wacky signs' and are a bit ironic, they are actually useful signs.

Similarly I live close to a "Boone's Ferry Road". That ferry (founded and originally operated by a descendant of Daniel Boone) was replaced with a bridge when the interstate was built decades ago. The ferry is long gone but the road remains.

Different rechargers do different things. Some I have have a red light then go green on completion; some the light blinks during charging and then steady on completion; another is amber on charge and green on completion; and yet another is green on charge, then go out on completion. So, for the cat above, I'd suggest the eyes go out when finished :)

Or dead ...