The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

May the Fourth Be With You......................especially when you pee...............

"Aim like a Jedi, not like a stormtrooper" is funny.

And also with you. Go in pees to serve the force.

I'm happy it's May the Fourth. It makes me smile. The Dark Side feels pretty strong in the world right now. Edited by Ozexpatriate

One of the things that amuse me, is that all the troubles are caused by icky little voltages playing around in icky little neurons, how things are perceived, etc. I found this, and thought it was worth repeating so this seemed like a good place. Much of it being USA related has little impact to me, and it touches on things I do not care/bother that much about, too much other stuff to get excited about. Here's the link http://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe

Edited by raymw
  • Like 2

Now either kids these days are just badly behaved or standards of reading are at a shocking low.

Such profligacy! Where's the enforcement?

It's all the parents' fault, I tell you. The state of things today.

Harrumph, harrumph. 

• RMweb Premium

Now either kids these days are just badly behaved or standards of reading are at a shocking low.

attachicon.gifIMG_0272.JPG

Perhaps if the pipe stated what the contents are, or even the owner of the pipe, then they would be MUCH more reluctant to go near it!

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps if the pipe stated what the contents are, or even the owner of the pipe, then they would be MUCH more reluctant to go near it!

Doesn't really matter,  it's a photoshopped image.

Edited by chris p bacon

I loved my new job. Outdoors, working with kids, free uniform. Okay, so I mistakenly put my my pants on backwards, is that really a sackable offence?

post-6861-0-96113000-1494351059.jpg

I loved my new job. Outdoors, working with kids, free uniform. Okay, so I mistakenly put my my pants on backwards, is that really a sackable offence?

I'm pretty sure that the bear of little brain never had a 'tail'.

With that photograph the mind boggles.  Banishing the thoroughly disturbing idea of that costume encountering small children, one might make an observation about cheap knock-off costumes (or Photoshop of course)

attachicon.gifIMG_0272.JPG

I was strolling along the dockside at Granton back in the late sixties, admiring the small yachts bobbing on the water, when I noticed countless condoms floating in the dock. I eventually realised that they were emanating from a large sewage pipe.

Silly me - I had been thinking: "My God! Those yachtsmen must be insatiable!"

I was strolling along the dockside at Granton back in the late sixties, admiring the small yachts bobbing on the water, when I noticed countless condoms floating in the dock. I eventually realised that they were emanating from a large sewage pipe.

Silly me - I had been thinking: "My God! Those yachtsmen must be insatiable!"

As a kid I used (with plenty of others) gambol along a pipe that led into the Mersey Estuary (and still does as I observed as I observed last week when visiting Gormley's "Another Place") before we jumped into "the sea".  Eventually we discovered that it was the northern sewer outlet for my home city and now I know why I am immortal and have never suffered from any allergies!  Some of the floating "stones" may have provided clues but we were too ignorant to identify them as what they really might have been in those sunny summer holiday times.

Stan

• RMweb Gold

As a kid I used (with plenty of others) gambol along a pipe that led into the Mersey Estuary (and still does as I observed as I observed last week when visiting Gormley's "Another Place") before we jumped into "the sea".  Eventually we discovered that it was the northern sewer outlet for my home city and now I know why I am immortal and have never suffered from any allergies!  Some of the floating "stones" may have provided clues but we were too ignorant to identify them as what they really might have been in those sunny summer holiday times.

Stan

Not so much swimming as going through the motions.

• RMweb Gold

Stan

Not so much swimming as going through the motions.

Ok as long as you didn't sit on a stool I suppose.

Mike.

The hirsute gentleman is on a book tour promoting his new book, available next week.

Neuroscience, leading to a better understanding of our primate brains, and it's potential impact on philosophy has to be one of the most exciting and thought provoking areas of contemporary research.

Edited by Ozexpatriate