The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Some of that is mine, I sent him a million dollars last year.

Mike.

I'm sure we can sort that outfor you Mike.  If you can just provide the following information ...

Bloke having a quiet smoke while waiting for the bus.... annoyed that the bus is late!

http://i.imgur.com/s2zd2X3.gifv

That bloke is a time traveller. His watch is his time machine and it's done a Doctor Who and transported him to the wrong place (and time). No doubt he has come from the early 1970's (just to take us back to the earlier topic.) I mean, he's wearing a cravat!

He's a pretty cool dude. No wonder he checks his watch and gives it a look of disdain. He has a planet to save.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

In days gone by as  a Tesco maintenance man I had coned off  an area, where I had used quick drying cement to fill pot holes, I went off to get another bucket of water and came back to find customers removing the cones and attempting to drive through.

They got very upset when I stopped them, I pointed out Quick drying cement would make a mess of their body Work...

Similarly I've had them removing the barriers round a ladders when I was working on inside  the store, and also remove the cones  as I was dropping broken glass into a shopping trolley lined with cardboard from the smashed roof of a glass walkway. ( A howling gale the day before had removed tiles from the roof and smashed them through the walkway).

• RMweb Premium

Despite my grumblings about anything new I've got a pretty decent computer and an Oculus Rift (virtual reality headset). Last night I downloaded a documentary / some interactive bits for it about Apollo 11. It gives a very convincing impression of being sat in it as it takes off (just as long as you don't move enough to stick your head out of the window!). It was a very impressive sensation and managed to put quite a smile on even my face. There's more of it too, I went to bed before trying to land on the Moon.

• Like 6

Despite my grumblings about anything new I've got a pretty decent computer and an Oculus Rift (virtual reality headset). Last night I downloaded a documentary / some interactive bits for it about Apollo 11. It gives a very convincing impression of being sat in it as it takes off (just as long as you don't move enough to stick your head out of the window!). It was a very impressive sensation and managed to put quite a smile on even my face. There's more of it too, I went to bed before trying to land on the Moon.

Would that make you one of the Elite?

Are you going to complete the effect by sitting in a metal dustbin for three days? ;)