The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

.....my elder brother had a "grifter"

before the chopper i had a "tomahawk"

The Tomahawk was my first-ever bicycle - I remember it as not being much more than a smaller version of the ladies' shopping bikes that Raleigh also produced. After that, I only ever had Peugeot racing cycles - the last was a 10-gear "Talisman" which I kept until about 10 years ago. They were cheap compared to Dawes and Claude Butler cycles.

A schoolmate had a Grifter - I have no idea how he managed to handle it; he let me try it. To me it weighed a ton and I found it slow to get going, even on low gear. The twist-grip SA 3-speed change was the nicest feature on it; the rest seemed to be built like a tank.

I remember it as not being much more than a smaller version of the ladies' shopping bikes that Raleigh also produced. 

Nowt ladylike about the Raleigh Shopper. Don't mix it with the Raleigh boys...

• Like 3

Give me a chopper and a pair of two tone Levi sta-pres over a Raleigh RSW & a pair of loons (no matter what may be contained within them) any day.

post-508-0-81468200-1492628374.jpg

I wonder if Andy Y & BRM would consider a competition.  Win a Chopper! For best bike on a layout? (Ladies of ill repute not included.)

post-508-0-32890100-1492628603.jpg

The winner must then go out and build a shed.

post-508-0-40967800-1492628995.jpg

P

• Like 3

Is anyone else attracted to the Imp in the background?

Now if it had been a Stiletto...

Ever kissed a girl? :jester:

Careful, or I might just have to dig out that photo of you wearing a helmet.  OOoooooops.

post-508-0-78855800-1492629947.jpg

Give me a chopper and a pair of two tone Levi sta-pres over a Raleigh RSW & a pair of loons (no matter what may be contained within them) any day.

attachicon.gifRaleighRSW.jpg

I wonder if Andy Y & BRM would consider a competition.  Win a Chopper! For best bike on a layout? (Ladies of ill repute not included.)

attachicon.gifChopperWINSm.jpg

The winner must then go out and build a shed.

attachicon.gifXmas.jpg

P

1_CATERS_BIKE_SHED_02-768x527.jpg

This guy takes it a stage further!!

Sid looks to be chasing something with his chopper... (Kept his pipe in. Cool!)

post-508-0-82049800-1492645520.jpg

Might have known. At least she got her cardi on now!

post-508-0-15567000-1492646075.jpg

Whaa, ha ha. (As Sid would say.)

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 3

Well one thing that made me smile, as I am cleaning the photos off the phone. You know when the phone has no storage and it is slowing down terribly 

post-3192-0-57102000-1492650873_thumb.jpg

sorry it has gone side ways... but how long and how many post it notes would that have taken... the funny bit is they have left part of the windscreen clear so they don't get a parking fine as it has a parking permit! 

Edited by DougN
  • Like 1

Sid looks to be chasing something on his chopper... (Kept his pipe in. Cool!)

attachicon.gifChopperSid.jpg

Might have known. At least she got her cardi on now!

attachicon.gifChopperannie1.jpg

Whaa, ha ha. (As Sid would say.)

I can see a sort of lo-buck Isadora Duncan type incident happening just after that lower pic was taken :D.

I'm also reminded of the bloke at a bike rally a few years ago who got the tails of his ex-army greatcoat wrapped up in his motorcycle chain (fortunately at lowish speed and on a soft surface), thus tying him to the bike very effectively. It took half a dozen of us ten minutes to free him, although that was partly because we were all laughing so much :D.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I can see a sort of lo-buck Isadora Duncan type incident happening just after that lower pic was taken :D.

I'm also reminded of the bloke at a bike rally a few years ago who got the tails of his ex-army greatcoat wrapped up in his motorcycle chain (fortunately at lowish speed and on a soft surface), thus tying him to the bike very effectively. It took half a dozen of us ten minutes to free him, although that was partly because we were all laughing so much :D.

See death of Isadora Duncan  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isadora_Duncan