The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

At York exhibition, the Cock Of The North stand is next to the Gents toilet...

steve

Saw to Steve at York today and he was definitely not wearing his loon pants.

Thankfully he was wearing some other trousers.

I'm concerned that the youth - some here present - don't know what the 70's was really like. I remember.

Fortunately, British Pathe came to the rescue and filmed for posterity. This is for information and educational purposes only.

http://youtu.be/vP6hCx5_pYs

I know that this has to be said... my mother had cloths like that... there are photos.... I still recall things from the seventies... though I was a very small kid!

Here in Australia there was a fashion of mission brown paint on buildings which I re call more than the patterns and clothing... though the Royal Melbourne show in1979 is a vivid memory of a denim jacket as a 5 year old... and my grandmother who only passed away 2 years ago. Good memories but also bad ones... a more liberal time with politics and community acceptance growing let alone the sexual revolution still continueing.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The Police take a Tea break and the press go silly, Then with the next breath they are bound to complain they aren't a visible presence or are remote and aloof!

Top marks to this lot for visible policing :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-39608253

Ah, that pinnacle of press proprietary – those pillocks at the sun...

Kev.

Saw to Steve at York today and he was definitely not wearing his loon pants.

I kept my eyes's out for loons. I clocked a few.

AND

As I've said elsewhere, I made my displeasure about the pricing of the Rails of Sheff NER  dynamometer car known to all around. As my pal said, the pricing is scandalous. It should cost at least one pound more. A RRP of £126.00 would be far more appropriate.

Harumph!

And there, in one picture (Nottingham Place NW1) is the two reasons for my massive disappointment at being bought an Raleigh RSW as opposed to a Chopper!  As mentioned earlier.

The Chopper in the pic being the MkII version with the handle bars welded in the safe forward position. It was a lot cooler to have them raked back Easy Rider style as you could on the Mk 1 but boy was it then easy to do a back flip. Not recommended on an busy A road as I found out to my cost.

Oh that knob.

1042853774_0f721837e8_z.jpgraleigh chopper by warren, on Flickr

and I wonder if she ever sat on two choppers at the same time. Could she ride a tandem?

post-508-0-46602500-1492547243.jpg

Oh how I wish this was in 1970.s Technicolor (Tangerine, Lime Green & Brown)

post-508-0-80615400-1492547239.jpg

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Red with a black seat and the gear handle looked like the one on the yellow tandem above.

Weighed a ton but you could ride and up and down kerbs with impunity.  The enclosed chain also meant you didn't get your flares caught.

My younger brother had a Chipper the same xmas.  Purple, I think.