The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

The photo that I posted does make me smile because they both died more than 35 years ago.

My comment was aimed at the endless waffle that has been going on about Peter Wyngard ,

trousers and other unrelated things .

Could we get back to silly pictures please .

• RMweb Gold

My comment was aimed at the endless waffle that has been going on about Peter Wyngard ,

most of which are making people smile, i hadn't even started primary school by the end of the 70s so missed out on the decades (grown up) fashions but im sure i had a knitted balaclava

• Like 2

There, corrected it for you.

...which in turn made another set of people :)

....i hadn't even started primary school by the end of the 70s so missed out on the decades (grown up) fashions but im sure i had a knitted balaclava

I bet you've destroyed all photos of you wearing it. :mosking:

Edited by Horsetan

Could we get back to silly pictures please .

Crikey: Are we In the MRJ serious thread?

Maybe funny cat pictures are more to your taste? How about these cool cats?

post-508-0-43972900-1492124182.jpg

Or maybye 1950's humour is more your style. Try this for size. The Railway content is incidental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkOy3nDWDA4

I think the thread title said, "Things that make you smile". Not "Pictures that make you smile".

"Humour" Quite subjective innit.

And once I'm all scrubbed up good and proper, I shall be donning this natty little combo before jumping into the Jensen for a waft down Neasden High High Street...

Where I shall mostly be ogling ladies with oodles of style and panache...

Style indeed. Following in the footsteps of that Interceptor owning 1970's funnyman par excellence.

Christmas has never been the same since since he departed.

post-508-0-07312400-1492126427.jpg

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 8

I'm concerned that the youth - some here present - don't know what the 70's was really like. I remember.

Fortunately, British Pathe came to the rescue and filmed for posterity. This is for information and educational purposes only.

• Like 3

An obsession with young lady's chests and posteriors would probably get you arrested nowadays. I'm surprised it didn't then! I couldn't help imagining that cine photography was a hobby of Ken Shabby.

• Like 1

I'm concerned that the youth - some here present - don't know what the 70's was really like. I remember.

Fortunately, British Pathe came to the rescue and filmed for posterity. This is for information and educational purposes only.

I nearly wet myself watching that. The Wood & Pickett Mini seen crossing the shot at 1:04 is what sent me higher.

And don't let anybody tell you that the seventies was the most sexist decade of the century. I mean this equals things up a bit...

post-508-0-09461100-1492167222.jpg

I wonder how long it took for his curtains to go mouldy? No matter, just sling them at the missus to run through the wash.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

http://youtu.be/vP6hCx5_pYs

An important historical record there Giles. All that subtle camera work stirred a few memories!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I nearly wet myself watching that. The Wood & Pickett Mini seen crossing the shot at 1:04 is what sent me higher.

And don't let anybody tell you that the seventies was the most sexist decade of the century. I mean this equals things up a bit...

attachicon.gifBobsBath.jpg

I wonder how long it took for his curtains to go mouldy? No matter, just sling them at the missus to run through the wash.

P

Including the "soap on a rope".

Kev.

• Like 1

Including the "soap on a rope".

What? Sling that at the wife too. Bolas like?

I don't think that would go down well with the feminists. Wash you mouth out! (with the soap on a rope.)

BING BONG.  Avon calling!

And another thing. Thinking about Bolas, the seventies and damage to health, I might as well say "Clackers."

P

• RMweb Gold

In a total reversal of what normally happens, watching that made me go deaf!

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Anybody else tried to count all those cones down that road?

I tried twice but still have no idea how many were 'captured' for posterity.

Kev.

(And to think Pathe went bust with masterpieces such as those historical takes.)

Four old Catholic men and a Catholic woman were having coffee in St. Peters Square.
The first Catholic man tells his friends, "My son is a priest, when he walks into a room, everyone calls him 'Father'."

The second Catholic man chirps, "My son is a Bishop. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Grace'."

The third Catholic gent says, "My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone bows their head and says 'Your Eminence'."

The fourth Catholic man says very proudly, "My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Holiness'."

Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping her coffee in silence, The four men give her a subtle, "Well....?" 

She proudly replies, I have a daughter.......

SLIM & TALL

40 D BUST
24" WAIST and
34" HIPS

When she walks into a room, people say, 'JESUS CHRIST!!!'

post-6688-0-06737700-1492185457.jpg

Edited by shortliner

• RMweb Gold

It's an incredible video of someone who is able to juggle with too many limbs whilst demonstrating extraordinary balance and poise.

As Jim says, just press the blue button.

Kev.

(..who doesn't understand why it's got a "privacy setting" at all.)