The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

You did well taking that photo Mike. Was the water cold ?

It might not have been too bad as it was a beautiful sunny day - however the middle of the English Channel is a bit deep for Ivan's idea of waders so I was safely ensconced aboard the boat that normally sits on the empty davits visible on the ship. And just to amuse passers-by it's the same boat, or its counterpart from the starboard side, in which we have twice travelled to join the ship and once travelled in order to leave it - plus occasional excursion use.

Here it is again just after unloading us for a few hours ashore in Clovelly during our 2016 trip

post-6859-0-01607300-1484061651_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Very nice but a bit big for my tastes - I regard 100 passengers as a crowd onboard ship  (the one we have our trip on has a maximum passenger capacity of 12 people, and the drinks are either free - at dinner - or reasonably priced;  but it is not cheap to be there in the first place).

attachicon.gifDSCF7701.jpg

There may be a few more than 100 on this

I'm sure the trip will make me and Mrs NB :)

We've already purchased the onboard drinks package!  :drink_mini:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

BEAUTIFUL ENGLISH
I called an old school friend and asked what was he doing.
He replied that he was working on "Aqua-thermal treatment of ceramics, aluminium and steel under a constrained environment".
Needless to say, I was impressed.
On further enquiring I learned that he was . . .

.. . . washing dishes with hot water - under his wife's supervision.

• Like 2

My dear wife last night just before we retired:

"I was speaking to Mrs XXXXXXXXX this afternoon, and she mentioned that for the time ever in her experience you were a little grumpy."

What? I have known Mrs XXXXXXXXX since she entered the world as Miss YYYYYYYYY and threw up all over me in my new primary school uniform at what may well have been our first encounter at the school gate, she cradled in her late mother's arms. And now in my seventh decade she has finally noticed my discontent? Clearly I haven't been making sufficient effort. Resolved: although I have no truck with new year resolutions and the like, I shall henceforth attempt to give fullest and unequivocal expression of my feelings toward whatever displeases me. 

'A little grumpy'? Let me tell you how I feel about those who don't pay attention...

• Like 3