The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

image.png.12aa60952231a77ac191a409c6fa9bba.png

Ummmmmm....   Its all Greek to me!

or

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you...

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:
3 hours ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

image.png.841ed345b0dd36c31b3a428743be88b8.png

Some years ago, visited a friend on Boxing day and his little girl, 3 years old and so cute she sh@t kittens, was showing off the new doll that Santa had brought her.   It did the usual tricks; cried, peed, it’s eyes worked, it said ‘mama’, as they do, real hair, realistic-feeling skin, marvellous.  

But it breathed, chest rose and fell, and it had a beating heart and pulse points.  

No.  

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!   BURN IT, BURN IT NOW, SEND THIS UNHOLY ABOMINATION BACK TO HELL WHERE IT CAME FROM, IT’S EVIL!!!  

I didn’t like it…

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Tartan-Star Cruise Lines are pleased to announce an addition to their fleet for the 2025 season.

Sailing from Scotlands major cruise hub in Pittenweem the Liner ‘Cumbernauld’ will be travelling to

exotic foreign destinations such as Berwick and Newcastle.

Complying with the latest environmental power regulations, it is hoped the Cumbernauld will have

a 400 Weegie propulsion system, powered exclusively on Buckfast and deep fried Mars bars.

With this level of power trips should only take 3-4 weeks depending on how many fights break

out in the propulsion unit.

With a traditional restaurant supplying Haggis Balls and a ‘foreign muck’ one supplying something

inedible there will be choices for all the family. Entertainment so far confirmed is the Krankies and

Mrs Spinks Highland Dancers. Cabins will be furnished with the highest quality straw beds and a

50 dram bottle for ‘heating purposes’.

Tickets are expected to be available from 50 groats, or a brace of Haggis.

See this magnificent vessel below .

image.png.fb793ff4b8b470066b4dc04356ba6cdb.png

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

59 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Tartan-Star Cruise Lines are pleased to announce an addition to their fleet for the 2025 season.

Sailing from Scotlands major cruise hub in Pittenweem the Liner ‘Cumbernauld’ will be travelling to

exotic foreign destinations such as Berwick and Newcastle.

Complying with the latest environmental power regulations, it is hoped the Cumbernauld will have

a 400 Weegie propulsion system, powered exclusively on Buckfast and deep fried Mars bars.

With this level of power trips should only take 3-4 weeks depending on how many fights break

out in the propulsion unit.

With a traditional restaurant supplying Haggis Balls and a ‘foreign muck’ one supplying something

inedible there will be choices for all the family. Entertainment so far confirmed is the Krankies and

Mrs Spinks Highland Dancers. Cabins will be furnished with the highest quality straw beds and a

50 dram bottle for ‘heating purposes’.

Tickets are expected to be available from 50 groats, or a brace of Haggis.

See this magnificent vessel below .

image.png.fb793ff4b8b470066b4dc04356ba6cdb.png

There are a lot of oars on that pleasure boat.

What?

I said oars.

Oh, I thought you said something else.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

There are a lot of oars on that pleasure boat.

What?

I said oars.

Oh, I thought you said something else.

I believe the correct term is 'sweeps' on that sort of vessel; Sooty might be confused but at least that avoids the misinterpretation you alluded to, Kieth!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

One of the blanks on the board shown in a photograph for the article was Teeside Airport station.  He's going to have a bit of a wait for a ticket from there to Northampton as the station is currently closed pending repairs to its only working platform and was previously served by a weekly "parliamentary" service.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teesside_Airport_railway_station

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1