The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Another one that doesn't cross the pond, apparently.  Google 'Oasis' rock band, from Manchester and including brothers Noel & Liam Gallagher, who don't always get on with each other very well and who have hairstyles and facial expressions much like those pictured here.  Ticketmaster is a well-known ticket sales company in the UK for concerts, shows, gigs, events of all sorts, usually arranging coach & hotel as a package price.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

It’s also a pop at the now (like myself) middle aged oasis fans who will be flocking to buy tickets to relive the glory days of the 90s

to be fair most of the guys in the pics are probably Paul weller or The Jam fans who try to replicate his quite unusual hair style, the only person who can really pull off a paul weller hairstyle is Paul weller! 

Everyone one else who tries it is classed as a wellend! 

back in the 90s I worked in a night club and one night there was a secret gig for iirc the seahorses (ex stone roses members) and both Paul weller and Liam Gallagher were there, I told weller he couldn’t have a drink as the bar was closed, didn’t recognise him!

• Like 3
  • Funny 6

3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Ticketmaster is a well-known ticket sales company in the UK for concerts, shows, gigs, events of all sorts, usually arranging coach & hotel as a package price.

Ticketmaster Entertainment LLC aka Live Nation Entertainment is notorious. They are worldwide and are based in Hollywood, California.

They are known for making life hard for local bands - forcing them out of venues - and are a complete fiasco for big acts - like the Taylor Swift Eras Tour. They also could not adequately serve Eurovision 2023.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Informative/Useful 4

12 hours ago, big jim said:

It’s also a pop at the now (like myself) middle aged oasis fans who will be flocking to buy tickets to relive the glory days of the 90s

to be fair most of the guys in the pics are probably Paul weller or The Jam fans who try to replicate his quite unusual hair style, the only person who can really pull off a paul weller hairstyle is Paul weller! 

Everyone one else who tries it is classed as a wellend! 

back in the 90s I worked in a night club and one night there was a secret gig for iirc the seahorses (ex stone roses members) and both Paul weller and Liam Gallagher were there, I told weller he couldn’t have a drink as the bar was closed, didn’t recognise him!

A friend of my gaffers sister went to see him a few years ago but she bumped into him the same afternoon of his performance.

Cutting a long story short she had her own intimate gig back at his hotel room 😜

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

9 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Yes, but where's the GWR Toad?

Bonus trivia : the actor who gave voice to Geoff Tracey, Peter Dinely, later played a villain in an episode of 'The Sweeney', he was also a regular guest star in some of the ITC series in the '60s like 'The Saint' etc.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 minutes ago, CameronL said:

If you're booking tickets,  try and get the early shows in the tour. Chances are they'll have fallen out again before the tour's over.

Depends how much Noel needs the money, he's had one expensive divorce in 2024, he doesn't need another one from his brother in 2025.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, CameronL said:

FB_IMG_1724749415287.jpg.0646797ecb77824cc9d0091bd9213d80.jpg

If you're booking tickets,  try and get the early shows in the tour. Chances are they'll have fallen out again before the tour's over.

I was thinking the same thing, taking a risk buying tickets for any shows beyond the first night!

I won’t be bothering trying to get any

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, big jim said:

I won’t be bothering trying to get any

Me neither. The nearest gigs to us are Heaton Park, Manchester: made famous by the old joke: "How do you get to Manchester Royal Infirmary? Go for a walk in Heaton Park."

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Pilotman said:

IMG_4388.jpeg.69d925b90747fb3c7c403db0371ed2d0.jpeg

I know what it reminded me of….

2 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

A peach?

Riding the backseat of a tandem.

"Get up on those pedals, girl!"

• Funny 3