The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, big jim said:

This pole came up on Twitter earlier, least attractive hobbies for men to have according to women

IMG_9227.jpeg.9fd263b6c8f6939e0d2d91b63e32ad56.jpeg

my concern is railway modelling being higher up the list than taxidermy 

Gambling should be top, but video gaming, that is fun.

• Like 2

On 19/08/2024 at 13:46, westernfan said:

20210626183147.AVI_snapshot_00.09_[2021.06.27_02.25.34].jpg

Seems reasoanble - grey bins round here are for recycling.

3 hours ago, big jim said:

This pole came up on Twitter earlier, least attractive hobbies for men to have according to women

In my experience most women take rather more exception to their menfolk watching birds.

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 8

4 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

I think that would depend on the species, especially the t....

...................    What's so offensive about the Tree Creeper?????   🫠

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

...................    What's so offensive about the Tree Creeper?????   🫠

Treecreepers are lovely little things, famously shortsighted and one once climbed me while I'd stopped to consult my OS map.  Quite a compliment to my tree-imitating abilities and I was delighted, though a little concerned about ticks and fleas...

The Squeeze would certainly have put model railways lower down the list.  Her previous partner was a gambler and wrecked both their lives, and she considers my trains as creative and likes it because she knows where I am!

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, The Johnster said:

Certainly more so than blue-boobed footies...

I'm not going there, the Labour Party will have us for ThoughtCrime!

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I'm not going there, the Labour Party will have us for ThoughtCrime!

If it gets this lot behind bars, I'll be happy!

1630_big.jpg

• Like 8
  • Agree 7

6 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Seems reasoanble - grey bins round here are for recycling.

That would make sense, but where this photo was taken they are for general, (landfill), waste. There are green boxes for glass and cardboard, black boxes for tins, cans and plastic, blue bags for paper and, for an extra charge, green bins for garden waste.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, westernfan said:

That would make sense, but where this photo was taken they are for general, (landfill), waste. There are green boxes for glass and cardboard, black boxes for tins, cans and plastic, blue bags for paper and, for an extra charge, green bins for garden waste.

That's what's confusing about many council areas, different councils have different colours for different type of material. At least now here, it's becoming standardised.

Some public parks have bins where they have a label, claiming that the contents are sorted. I suspect that is unlikely when someone checks to see if suitable for sorting and gets a whiff of bags of dog poo!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

In my experience most women take rather more exception to their menfolk watching birds.

Or playing with models, 👸

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Or playing with models, 👸

As you know Paul, my other half keeps buying locos as long as I look after them and use them on her behalf. I have just been testing my part of Bourne Valley with her latest purchase.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, 97406 said:

Or these...?

images.jpeg.ca184a43024c6c100de6316a82a750a1.jpeg

I saw that photo the other day and asked my other half if she wanted to see a picture of a pair of Blue Boobies. She thought that it was going to be something quite different.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, roundhouse said:

As you know Paul, my other half keeps buying locos as long as I look after them and use them on her behalf. I have just been testing my part of Bourne Valley with her latest purchase.

I was thinking of the other type of models that frequent the media the other half doesn’t want you playing with, 😆

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, kevinlms said:

That's what's confusing about many council areas, different councils have different colours for different type of material. At least now here, it's becoming standardised.

Some public parks have bins where they have a label, claiming that the contents are sorted. I suspect that is unlikely when someone checks to see if suitable for sorting and gets a whiff of bags of dog poo!

Our recycling bins are grey, general waste is green.  Garden waste is brown.

Make of that what you will!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I have a garden waste bin provided by the council but I didn't opt to pay for it to be emptied as I compost my garden waste. I have found a use for it, to hold prunings that go in the shredder that must be kept dry.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

On 20/08/2024 at 13:14, big jim said:

But no mention of hobbies like going out with your mates to get steaming drunk, staggering home at 02:00, throwing up on the doorstep, and having to bang on the front door to waken somebody, cos you've lost your key?

Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 20/08/2024 at 13:14, big jim said:

7 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

But no mention of hobbies like going out with your mates to get steaming drunk, staggering home at 02:00, throwing up on the doorstep, and having to bang on the front door to waken somebody, cos you've lost your key?

Asking for a friend.

Its worse than that, its discrimination. Where's the balancing poll of the least attractive hobbies for women according to men? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Its worse than that, its discrimination. Where's the balancing poll of the least attractive hobbies for women according to men? 🤔

Looking at other people's cat/dog videos for ages? I don't mind the occasional one, but sometimes a whole series of them.

• Round of applause 2