The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, 97406 said:

That’ll be where the trolley pole is. I think the driver may have somewhat of a restricted view from the cab, though.

I suspect that these are double-ended and pan-equipped.  Whatever, I still want one in 1/48 O scale!

EDIT: On second thought, I suspect that the photo is of the rear end as there is no evidence of forward motion; no headsign, headlights, etc. Also if this trolley is not in the UK, it is on the "righthand track.

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

I suspect that these are double-ended and pan-equipped.  Whatever, I still want one in 1/48 O scale!

EDIT: On second thought, I suspect that the photo is of the rear end as there is no evidence of forward motion; no headsign, headlights, etc. Also if this trolley is not in the UK, it is on the "righthand track.

I reckon you're right, but less comedy value!

This reminds me a little of the feline's other end (albeit the Manx variety).

mf5235.jpg.8d46c8a54e4029d8a3b5decfac70b10f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

The cat mad Japanese drive on the left.

One railway also has a Station Master cat, rather than a Station Master's cat

https://www.japan.travel/en/japans-local-treasures/cat-stationmaster-kishi-station-2022/

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

It's in Japan where the rule of the road is drive on the left, same as in the UK so we are looking at the front.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, billbedford said:

The old ones are the best...

He didn't mention her age!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

4 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

image.png.264ce31b4527b4e4ac927761fac81f01.png

Feed 'em to the kids, not only will they be able to see better in the dark, but they'll glow like Readybrek kids too!

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

When I was a rebellious teenager, we all wore denim jeans and camo jackets or parkas with CND badges, to escape uniformity.  I mean, camo is actually part of a uniform; yeah, right, way to stick to the man, Niel...

There is a policeman inside all of our minds.  He Must Be Destroyed!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

I nearly snorted my coffee over my toast this morning.

On BBC National Radio, sound clips of Joe Biden welcoming President Putin to the NATO conference. Then Joe talking about his own Vice-President Trump.

This is a key member of the Trusted News Initiative joining the pile-on.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

In Publix grocery store today:

IMG_20240712_111333.jpg.aada19432e3b62bebb93f5501d6bd8d4.jpg

Sorry about the rotation but no matter what I do to the original, it wants to post sideways!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KeithMacdonald said:

I nearly snorted my coffee over my toast this morning.

On BBC National Radio, sound clips of Joe Biden welcoming President Putin to the NATO conference. Then Joe talking about his own Vice-President Trump.

This is a key member of the Trusted News Initiative joining the pile-on.

The news conference was shown on TV and Biden's performance was at times, shall we say, a bit below par.☹️

IMHO Trump can start getting his stationary printed with the presidential seal on.

Biden did do a lot better once he got warmed up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Just remember, no matter who wins in November, they will have the "football" very close to them.

unless they pick the top line code I'm not worried about either of them remembering where the code they chose to active the football is on the nuclear code card. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Here you go .

There is something in the forum/phone interface that is doing this to some of my photos as this one displays properly on my screen. Note that my phone is an Android, not an iPhone.

• Friendly/supportive 1