The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Talking of Noah's Ark, can someone explain to me how the Kangaroo, Wallaby, Platypus, etc., all got from Australia to Turkey to be on the ark before the flood, and how they all got back to Australia without getting lost on the way back afterwards?

Doesn't stop people looking for the first landing place of the Ark!

I rather liked the Dr Who series on 'The Ark in Space', which ran in several episodes. over a period of time.

Apparently scientists have just discovered  a new addition to the periodic table

(280)

AH!

It's the element of surprise.......................................... :banghead:

• Like 3

The great thing about Holland is the excellent provision they have for cyclists.  That doesn't mean though that some signage couldn't be clearer..................

post-312-0-47590800-1434972895.jpg

The trouble with old anecdotes is they might have appeared on here before:

Hi Bob,
This is Alan next door.
I'm sorry buddy, but I have a confession to make to you. I've been
riddled with guilt these past few months and have been trying to
pluck up the courage to tell you to your face but I am at least now
telling in text as I can't live with myself a moment longer without you
knowing.

The truth is, I have been sharing your wife, day and night when
you're not around. In fact, probably more than you, particularly in
the mornings after you've left for work.

I haven't been getting it at home recently, but that's no
excuse I know. I can no longer live with the guilt and I hope you
will accept my sincerest apologies.
My wife has known for some time now and I've
promised her that it won't happen again.
===================================================================

Bob, feeling anguished and betrayed, immediately went into his
bedroom, grabbed his gun, and without a word, shot his wife twice
in the head and killed her.

He returned to the lounge where he poured himself a stiff drink
and sat down on the sofa. He took out his phone to respond to the
neighbour's text and saw he had another message:-

======================================================================

Hi Bob,
This is Alan next door again.
Sorry about the slight typo on my last text, I expect you worked
it out anyway but as you saw, my predictive text changed 'WiFi' to Wife.
Hope you saw the funny side of that. :-) LOL

Regards Alan

• RMweb Premium

Being banned from B&Q would be bliss. No more diy, so more modelling time!

Sadly a regular quote, misquoted

"Other baseboard (diy) parts are availible"

• RMweb Gold

This badly worded email i get from work earlier made me laugh.......

"A few weeks ago you both did an assessment on Warrington drivers can you confirm who to roger."

I must add rodger is a man, not an action!!

"A few weeks ago you both did an assessment on Warrington drivers can you confirm who to roger."

I must add Rodger is a man, not an action!!

my reply would have started by -

10-4  Rodger,  over & out    :jester:

Then add the relevant details required  - ha ha

Edited by yorkie_pudd
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I must add rodger is a man, not an action!!

Reminds me about a friend that was a fireman for a while on Victorian Railways. One day they hit a cow & reported it (to cover for delay) as 'cow hit, possibly injured as it ran off'.

Head Office kept asking what action the driver took to pursue the victim, for which he ignored, several times. After a while, he received a letter threatening suspension for refusing to answer.

He replied, that they uncoupled the loco & took it off the track and gave chase over the paddocks (fields), but was unable to catch the presumably slightly injured beast.

Never heard a thing after that!

Thought I'd add a new photo of my little boy, who has developed an interested in trains (phew!). We had a recent holiday in Kent, and the RHDR ran through the campsite we stopped at, so we took him on it. This is now my wallpaper on my computer at work, and I only have to look at it and it cheers me up.

post-7128-0-44328000-1435215557.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Thought I'd add a new photo of my little boy, who has developed an interested in trains (phew!). We had a recent holiday in Kent, and the RHDR ran through the campsite we stopped at, so we took him on it. This is now my wallpaper on my computer at work, and I only have to look at it and it cheers me up.

So you arrive at the campsite and say 'Oh look, there's a railway running through the campsite, what a surprise...'  :nono:

So you arrive at the campsite and say 'Oh look, there's a railway running through the campsite, what a surprise...'  :nono:

It was a Sun Holiday, and my wife said we'll take a year off Cornwall, and she wanted to go to Port Lympne Wildlife Park, so Romney Sands fitted the bill. The fact the RHDR ran through it was a bonus. Shaun had great fun waving to the trains as they passed through. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You get the other half to organise it & you grudgingly accept that you're going, until she mentions the place name & you go OK then. When you get there act surprised & innocent! Since you had no input, not your fault!

Just received this on the Interwebby:

A young family moved into a house next door to an empty plot. One day, a gang of building workers turned up to start building on the plot.The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers.
She hung around and eventually the builders, all with hearts of gold, more or less adopted the little girl as a sort of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had tea and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.They even gave the child her very own hard hat and gloves, which thrilled her immensely.

At the end of the first week, the smiling builders presented her with a pay envelope - containing two pounds in 10p coins. The little girl took
her 'pay' home to her mother who suggested that they take the money to the bank the next day to open a savings account.
At the bank, the female cashier was tickled pink listening to the little girl telling her about her 'work' on the building site and the fact she had a 'pay packet'. 'You must have worked very hard to earn all this', said the cashier. The little girl proudly replied, 'Yes, I worked every day with Steve and Wayne and Mike. We're building a big house.' 'My goodness gracious,' said the cashier, 'And will you be working on the house again next week?' 

The child thought for a moment. Then she said seriously:
'I think so. Provided those w****** at J****** deliver the f****** bricks on time!!.

• Like 1