The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, The Johnster said:

To impress a woman, a man will:-

. Dress in his best stuff, shower, save, get a haircut

. Buy her flowers

. Take her to a nice restaurant

. Wine and dine her

.  Buy her jewellery

To inpress a man, all a woman has to do is:-

. Turn up

. Get naked

If she really wants to push the boat out:-

.Makes breakfast. 

Pushing the tinnie when it gets stuck on the mudflats, is really her humble duty?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, melmerby said:

I have every right to complain.

It's a democracy or don't you like that.

BTW Marking your voting paper with anything other than a distinct mark for one candidate is classed as a spoilt paper.

They are not analysed to see how many wrote "none of the above" or anything else.

Quite simply if you can't be bothered to pitch up at the Polling Station then don't complain about the result.

I'm well aware about the situation regarding "spoilt" papers not being anyalised but they are counted & eventually may just be noticed.

Of course you could always put yourself up for election...........

Edited by GrumpyPenguin
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, GrumpyPenguin said:

Quite simply if you can't be bothered to pitch up at the Polling Station then don't complain about the result

Point out the post where I complained about the result.

I pointed out the way our first past the post system has produced some weird results but I haven't said IMO the wrong (or right) party won or who I preferred.

• Friendly/supportive 2

8 minutes ago, melmerby said:

I pointed out the way our first past the post system has produced some weird results but I haven't said IMO the wrong (or right) party won or who I preferred.

I was generalising so please substitute "you" for "people".

Lets just agree to disagree, then move on.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Johnster said:

To impress a woman, a man will:-

. Dress in his best stuff, shower, save, get a haircut

. Buy her flowers

. Take her to a nice restaurant

. Wine and dine her

.  Buy her jewellery

To inpress a man, all a woman has to do is:-

. Turn up

. Get naked

If she really wants to push the boat out:-

.Makes breakfast. 

That reminds me of a quote from Frazier, possibly paraphrased:

"Women use sex to get what they want. Men don't do that,  because what they want is sex."

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

23 minutes ago, melmerby said:

our first past the post system has produced some weird results but I haven't said IMO the wrong (or right) party won or who I preferred.

I've just like to note (for the record) that the Monster Raving Loony Party did quite well this time round, and harvested about 0.6% of the vote.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2024-uk-election-results/parties/monster-raving-loony-party/

Some might say that if we had a "proper proportional representation" system, with the House of Commons holding 650 MPs, the MRL would now have three or four MPs.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Matt37268 said:

I quite like Roger Daltrey  and Pete Townsend. 

Won't get fooled again...😉

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, big jim said:

IMG_8070.jpeg.340d497be4f0a4de442ecca102c40970.jpeg

Are you sure this is correct? In my experience there are missing steps after "Remember you have a toastie machine" which would be "Find toastie machine", "Find out it no longer works" , "Buy a new one (do NOT throw away the broken one)" and then you go back into the loop.

Rob

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, melmerby said:

We had a referendum in 2011 during the Coalition government to change the first-past-the-post system and was to agree an alternative vote system. It was rejected by a two-thirds majority but that was on a 40% turnout ....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Shall we run a sweep as to which of Jacob Rees-Mogg , Liz Truss or Grant Shapps appears first on Strictly Come Dancing.

• Like 4
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, 30851 said:

Are you sure this is correct? In my experience there are missing steps after "Remember you have a toastie machine" which would be "Find toastie machine", "Find out it no longer works" , "Buy a new one (do NOT throw away the broken one)" and then you go back into the loop.

Rob

Makes sense if the new one is the same make and maybe even model as the old one. A source of useful parts such as knobs, feet, things like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BoD said:

Shall we run a sweep as to which of Jacob Rees-Mogg , Liz Truss or Grant Shapps appears first on Strictly Come Dancing.

Whoever doesn't make Strictly is bound to end up on I'm a Celebrity get me out of here.  The loser gets Celebrity Big Brother.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Whoever doesn't make Strictly is bound to end up on I'm a Celebrity get me out of here.  The loser gets Celebrity Big Brother.

Considering the rumours about Truss, I'd say 'Love Island' might be more appropriate 

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

Considering the rumours about Truss, I'd say 'Love Island' might be more appropriate 

That would dent their ratings!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BoD said:

I'm not sure I'd want to see any of them on anything!

• Agree 8

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, BoD said:

53 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I'm not sure I'd want to see any of them on anything!

Spoilsport.

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BoD said:

I can just imagine J R-M doing the latin wearing a top hat & tails and carrying a cane

Edited by melmerby
  • Funny 4