The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KeithMacdonald said:

image.png.a24f39ce6af1f4830dfe3ff1581c3e46.png

edit: I can see two ways - how many can you see?

1 hour ago, Hippel said:

Remove one from the eight to make it a nine, and put it into the zero to make eight, then 9+3-4=8.

Paul

Remove one from the 8 to make it a six and place it on top of the 4 to make it a 9

6 + 3 - 9 = 0.

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

image.png.a24f39ce6af1f4830dfe3ff1581c3e46.png

edit: I can see two ways - how many can you see?

Remove the middle bit of the 4 and drop it down a bit to make...

8+3-11=0

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

"8+3-11=0" was my first attempt.

I gave up after that when I sneezed!

|/_// ^\  /¬-_

Ke.

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

???? I am guessing that it is 10 Downing St. but I fail to see the significance of the "/1".

Probably a reference to the brewing electoral betting scandal.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Northroader said:

Betting odds…

I'd have marked it up as 10-1

10/1 looks more like 10 shillings and a penny...  😄

Edited by Hroth
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

21 minutes ago, Hroth said:

10/1 looks more like 10 shillings and a penny...  😄

It's their next election pledge, not only are we going back to Imperial measurements but also pre-decimalisation coinage.  Pints, shillings and inches, that's what the country needs.  We got the blue passports back after all! 😂 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, bimble said:

It's their next election pledge, not only are we going back to Imperial measurements but also pre-decimalisation coinage.  Pints, shillings and inches, that's what the country needs.  We got the blue passports back after all! 😂 

Isn't that the basis for Reforms platform?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, bimble said:

Suits me! I'll be even happier if we go back to a much less modernised railway too!

edit: And if all the closed pubs reopen, although from what I've heard returning to the quality of beer frequently served back then might well be a step too far.

Edited by Reorte
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Reorte said:

edit: And if all the closed pubs reopen, although from what I've heard returning to the quality of beer frequently served back then might well be a step too far.

All you need is to go to Manchester, maybe? Can't think of anything else the place is famous/notorious for, except possibly cricket at Old Trafford!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/jun/21/fosters-lager-brewed-in-britain

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

All you need is to go to Manchester, maybe? Can't think of anything else the place is famous/notorious for, except possibly cricket at Old Trafford!

The few times I've been dragged in to Manchester for a night out the beer's always been terrible. I can't believe there's no decent drink there, it was probably because it was youngsters organising a work trip so going to the sort of places they like to go to.

That said the beer was OK in the place we had the Christmas meal in, it was just everywhere else.

• Friendly/supportive 3

1 minute ago, Reorte said:

The few times I've been dragged in to Manchester for a night out the beer's always been terrible. I can't believe there's no decent drink there, it was probably because it was youngsters organising a work trip so going to the sort of places they like to go to.

That said the beer was OK in the place we had the Christmas meal in, it was just everywhere else.

Go to 'Spoons. The beer is always decent!

Also any of the pubs selling Hydes, Phoenix or Robinsons Trooper (the Iron Maiden beer).

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, bimble said:

Gonna ban any descendants of the Beaker folk next, coming over here with their cups, what's wrong with using your hands to drink.

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

4 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Also any of the pubs selling Hydes, Phoenix or Robinsons Trooper (the Iron Maiden beer).

Spoons do a nice Gin and a nice Brandy too.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 22/06/2024 at 19:49, CameronL said:

Sing, to the tune of...

Screenshot_20240622_194200_Facebook2.jpg.63054998d22e20fcb43bbf7bc1ce1a73.jpg

Davros, who was the leader and inventor of the Daleks, was intrumentaly in preventing me taking up a life of crime.  When the Doctor finally brought him to book, he was sentenced by the Council of Time Lords on Gallifrey to be 'Banished For Eternity To The Outer Void' for 'crimes against sentient creation'.  Makes getting a fine for anti-social behaviour seem a bit pointless, doesn't it...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I prefer to head over to Sheffield for beer.

• Like 2