The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

image.png.4bde34d4185f8787dd85cf7fd99661bc.png

Pretty sure Thailand was never invaded by Britain.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

A genuine newspaper clipping from 1948.  It does in no way echo my own observations and opinions, merely an echo of the attitudes of those far off times.

DSCF5530.JPG.727f46e3b26c94474e7da5f53f86b701.JPG

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Orion said:

A genuine newspaper clipping from 1948. 

It obviously didn't work.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Orion said:

A genuine newspaper clipping from 1948.  It does in no way echo my own observations and opinions, merely an echo of the attitudes of those far off times.

4 hours ago, BoD said:

It obviously didn't work.

Gender equality in such matters seems to have become much greater in the intervening decades, though not, perhaps, in the way Mr Pollock desired....

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjjjn2q63q9o

I suppose it's technically not funny.  So technically I day loff 😇

I got a mental vision of the offender trying to stuff 17 tubes of the things into various items of his attire, in an attempt to make off with them all in one go!

That definitely did raise a grin....

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Orion said:

What a load of Pollocks😃

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Orion said:

It certainly does seem like a load of old bpollocks.  These days it's me that causes all the delays e.g. trying to remember my PIN or failing with the self-service checkout and needing some teenager to scan things for me.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

I hope this isn't too political.

A man in a hot air balloon realised he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a woman below. He descended a bit more and shouted

"Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The woman below replied, "You're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be a IT expert," said the balloonist.

"I am." replied the woman, "How did you know?"

Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information and the fact is I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed me even more."

The woman below responded,

"You must be a politician."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "you don't know where you are or where you're going! You have risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 6

9 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I hope this isn't too political

Yes it is. Informed people will know the original version was a "management consultant" in a balloon. Your version is just a derivative. Perhaps someone will be along soon with a Keir Starmer version?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Yes it is. Informed people will know the original version was a "management consultant" in a balloon. Your version is just a derivative. Perhaps someone will be along soon with a Keir Starmer version?

Could have just said ‘politician’ instead of Tory (though venting my spleen on them would definitely break forum rules).

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

image.png.d9ed72fc1cead329031972fe3e59b794.png

That joke probably won’t work in North America, where that thing is often called a “boo-ey”.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, pH said:

That joke probably won’t work in North America, where that thing is often called a “boo-ey”.

I wondered what a boo-ey was

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Ozexpatriate said:

Could be the yellow floaty thing named Sue. Could be the Jim of the knife fame, who died at the Alamo.

Only heard the term in the last week and wondered what the hell it was about

• Like 1