The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

The ice cream van has a Glasgow registration.

Doesn't really mean much though , I live in somerset , my first car was registered in Luton ,

so things do move around as I'm sure you know Phil .     

• Like 1

On 19/01/2024 at 18:52, The Johnster said:

Heating, airco, cooking, heating water, tumble dryers; these are the main domestic leccy consumers.

Depending on your part of the UK, please also add domestic charging of electric vehicles. A friend has recently amused us with the tale of living in a small village where so many people have Teslas that they had to organise a rota of who's turn it is to charge their car. Otherwise the local power grid is overwhelmed and the whole village is plunged into darkness.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

I'm undecided whether to mention this to my wife (or not)...

Quote of the day:
25% of women in America are being treated for some form of mental illness.
That means that 75% of them are running around untreated.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

puddle.jpg.726977536ce82f8730d69e32758fa9a6.jpg 

I will never help anyone again......EVER! I'm too kindhearted, or I'm too naive....

Yesterday it was so cold out that we took a man into our home out of the kindness of our hearts.

We felt so sorry for him, poor thing was standing stiff and frozen out in the cold, but this morning

he had just vanished. Not a word...not even a goodbye or a thank you for sheltering him.

The last straw?!?! When I realized he had peed all over the floor! That's the “thank you” I get for being good to people?!?!?!

Now I'm going to warn my friends to watch out for this man! He is heavy-set, wearing nothing but a scarf,

he has a carrot-like nose, two black eyes, and his arms are stick skinny.

Don't bring him into your house!

What a mess he made on the floor.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Sidecar Racer said:

puddle.jpg.726977536ce82f8730d69e32758fa9a6.jpg 

I will never help anyone again......EVER! I'm too kindhearted, or I'm too naive....

Yesterday it was so cold out that we took a man into our home out of the kindness of our hearts.

We felt so sorry for him, poor thing was standing stiff and frozen out in the cold, but this morning

he had just vanished. Not a word...not even a goodbye or a thank you for sheltering him.

The last straw?!?! When I realized he had peed all over the floor! That's the “thank you” I get for being good to people?!?!?!

Now I'm going to warn my friends to watch out for this man! He is heavy-set, wearing nothing but a scarf,

he has a carrot-like nose, two black eyes, and his arms are stick skinny.

Don't bring him into your house!

What a mess he made on the floor.

He sounds like a right melt!

• Funny 1

You learn something everyday. According to the Mail on Sunday I'm a ferroequinologist and so are the lot of you. Apparently it means a person who takes a recreational interest in trains. It makes sense when you break it down. Ferro = iron; equin(e) = horse.  As Sir Michael would say, "Not a lot of people know that." (Or at least, I imagine they wouldn't.)

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1