The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

28 minutes ago, ian said:

I see that they don't offer their services to vegiterians or vegans.

They are perfectly able to click click something they can eat, even if they simply don't care to eat it...  🤐

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 2

On 20/12/2023 at 07:05, NBL said:

Golden Wonder are owned by Tayto, rather than Walkers.

Only recently. Walkers bought the rights to Golden Wonder a few years ago. Walkers then sold off some of the brands they didn't want such as Golden Wonder. That includes Pot Noodle which was sold to Unilever.

It was a way of getting popular brands such as Wotsits and Smiths (which had ranges such as Frazzles).

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

This definitely made me smile earlier, did our big Christmas shop earlier as we’re away until Christmas Eve, lots of food and even more booze, I’ve saved up my nectar points through the year and made the most of bonus point offers. Extra eBay points, esso, Argos etc so the shop only came to 40p! (And I got £8 of nectar points on that shop too! 

IMG_4024.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Only recently. Walkers bought the rights to Golden Wonder a few years ago. Walkers then sold off some of the brands they didn't want such as Golden Wonder. That includes Pot Noodle which was sold to Unilever.

It was a way of getting popular brands such as Wotsits and Smiths (which had ranges such as Frazzles).

Sorry to be pedantic, but Walkers never had the rights of Golden Wonder, they have always been rivals, and Golden Wonder never had the rights or brands of any Smiths products.

The Wotsits brand was sold to Walkers by Golden Wonder though.

Smiths (and Tudor) were also a rival to both Golden Wonder and Walkers, until the parent company of Walkers and Smiths sold both companies to PepsiCo.

My first 'real' job was in marketing analysis with PepsiCo, starting not after they acquired Walkers and Smiths from Nabisco.

My favourite crisps have always been Golden Wonder though, especially Cheese and Onion.

You are right that salt n shake have never been discontinued, always been available.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 21/12/2023 at 16:53, big jim said:

This definitely made me smile earlier, did our big Christmas shop earlier as we’re away until Christmas Eve, lots of food and even more booze, I’ve saved up my nectar points through the year and made the most of bonus point offers. Extra eBay points, esso, Argos etc so the shop only came to 40p! (And I got £8 of nectar points on that shop too! 

IMG_4024.jpeg

Is that with the double your points offer earlier this month and also the big bonus points deal in November?

We had £100 worth of vouchers when Mrs W said, you need to do a few shops with those points, I was down to £40 left when Sainsburys tossed in the double the value vouchers so I was only able to double them to £80 rather than £200 doh!!!!!!

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Is that with the double your points offer earlier this month and also the big bonus points deal in November?

We had £100 worth of vouchers when Mrs W said, you need to do a few shops with those points, I was down to £40 left when Sainsburys tossed in the double the value vouchers so I was only able to double them to £80 rather than £200 doh!!!!!!

didn’t know anything about a double your points offer 

there’s all sorts of deals to make up that amount, bonus with ebay (15x nectar on one purchase back in October), 4000 points with home insurance, count up to Christmas, weekly offers on the app, it would have been more but I spent £40 on a Nintendo switch game at Argos earlier in the year 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1