The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jcredfer said:

We had them doing that on the kitchen window, when they saw their reflection and attacked it.  After the third one, we got some stickers of Buzzards, for the windows...  four seemed to be the prevention level.  🤨 

We have them occasionally.

I thought they didn't see glass and think they are flying in unobstructed space and then - bang! Headache time.

We had a bullfinch do it at a previous house, broke it's neck.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

8 hours ago, melmerby said:

We have them occasionally.

I thought they didn't see glass and think they are flying in unobstructed space and then - bang! Headache time.

We had a bullfinch do it at a previous house, broke it's neck.

Want me to post my "surprised pigeon" photo again?  Silly beggar flew straight into a bedroom window and left a dust impact impression with a startled expression.  Made a hell of a noise and broke it's neck too...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 09/01/2023 at 14:20, Chrisr40 said:

Only a local news piece but this picture has had me giggling all morning...its like father Jack with piles.

Screenshot_20230109_120556_Google.jpg

Nah, that's Popeye after his pipe was confiscated 🤪

Edited by Ramblin Rich
'cos
  • Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

IIRC the setup was that they were acting as Germans for some war games exercises involving the proper army, and were much disgruntled at having to do so, except for Pike, who took to the sneering arrogant Master Race role with chilling enthusiasm...

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

IIRC the setup was that they were acting as Germans for some war games exercises involving the proper army, and were much disgruntled at having to do so, except for Pike, who took to the sneering arrogant Master Race role with chilling enthusiasm...

that episode was on uktv gold yesterday, loved the bit in the pub with pike and the barman 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, DavidB-AU said:

Are you aware that this 'Video unavailable' This video contains content from BBC Studios, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds? All we in the UK can see is that message on a black back-ground. At least I assume that that does generally apply to all UK viewers.

• Like 1

Just now, phil_sutters said:

Are you aware that this 'Video unavailable' This video contains content from BBC Studios, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds? All we in the UK can see is that message on a black back-ground. At least I assume that that does generally apply to all UK viewers.

Probably. Plenty of free proxies you can use to view it. :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, phil_sutters said:

So what, we get that all the time from links posted from the UK!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2