The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

What about any that have been sold? Or shipped out of the UK?

Apparently a bookseller in Spain had jumped the gun  and released the book early. It was not due out until next week. I'm not sure the book has been printed in the UK anyway.

• Thanks 1

The cat's out of the bag, but if there has been breaches of a legal nature like what was being discussed in the media here, then he or the publishers can still face legal action. It's happened quite a few times over the years.

He's certainly not done himself any favours though.

All for petty reasons. Sad really.

I reckon I've got a better chance of getting an invite to the Coronation!  👑

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Looks like the stress of it all has got to him, or, if you’re a conspiracist, he’s been very effectively gaslighted.  Difficult to feel much sympathy though, for someone who doesn’t realise that if you’re in a public position then dressing in a nazi uniform is going to attract comment, and then afterwards saying it was a joke sounds like you’re trying to weasel out of the spotlight, and publicly boasting about how many Talibs you’ve offed when you were in Afghanistan is a bit weird and arguably borderline psychopathic; normal soldiers don’t do that.  He’s difficult to like, I for one don’t like him, and that’s entirely his own fault as far as I can make out.  

Everybody has punchups with their brothers, but they usually desist when they are grown ups.  Doing drugs to escape unpleasant realities, or just for fun, is more or less standard for his generation, yet he seems to be trying to be a special case, sort of ‘Poor Harry’s Game’, look at me, I’m a victim!  It’s not dignified, is it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Gold

I expect the Sussexes will be at the Coronation, they'll get seats appropriate to their rank, and the rest of the family will appear friendly in public, which will really wind Harry up

In private, they might introduce Harry to Sir Roderick Glossop.....

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

If you want a spare of your own....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394167054088

In excellent condition, has come from an unused collection

Has had a brief track test and is working perfectly in both directions. 

Comes with instructions in very good box 

Leave it in the box, no problems....  🤪

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, John Besley said:

I think the title is meant to be Spare Us (we don't want to know anymore)

Or, from the content described on the TV news, maybe "Going Spare".

I always reckon that if one wants to make things better, a good starting point is to stop making them worse....

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

If you want a spare of your own....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394167054088

Leave it in the box, no problems....  🤪

That's about it's RRP. It's the Hornby Railroad version.

It was the Bachmann version that were the limited editions with all the bells and whistles. Seems to have held it's price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204145206909?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=7101533165274578&mkcid=2&itemid=204145206909&targetid=4584826055637462&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=412354546&mkgroupid=1299623041023876&rlsatarget=pla-4584826055637462&abcId=9300541&merchantid=87779&msclkid=8e3ec5882b811b01312ba631532b7463

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Hroth said:

I expect the Sussexes will be at the Coronation, they'll get seats appropriate to their rank, and the rest of the family will appear friendly in public, which will really wind Harry up

In private, they might introduce Harry to Sir Roderick Glossop.....

Perhaps the well known diplomat, Sir Les Patterson is a better choice? Ably assisted by Dame Edna.

Or

Sir Les could do with a challenge!

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

8 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

47798 - part of the national collection, exibit at the NRM.

47799 - stored in the open at Warcop

You can see the metaphor.

What's the difference between Prince Henry, Class 47 locomotive and Prince Henry, scion of the House of Windsor?

One's an obsolete relic, withdrawn from service, uncared for, high maintenance and prone to going off the rails ...

And the other one's a railway engine.

Edited by CameronL
Added a bit
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2

We had them doing that on the kitchen window, when they saw their reflection and attacked it.  After the third one, we got some stickers of Buzzards, for the windows...  four seemed to be the prevention level.  🤨 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2