The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

2 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

2038040306_QPHFU2FACKUM.jpg.126e41000efca809ef890e785d46e447.jpg

According to information widely available online, FU 2 has belonged to Hanna Smart (of Big Top Circus fame) for the past 25 years and is sported by her Range Rover. So I think this photo is a fake.  It was previously owned by Fiona Richmond, but I am sure nobody on here knows who that was😇

Jim

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

According to information widely available online, FU 2 has belonged to Hanna Smart (of Big Top Circus fame) for the past 25 years and is sported by her Range Rover. So I think this photo is a fake.  It was previously owned by Fiona Richmond, but I am sure nobody on here knows who that was😇

Jim

A check on the DVLA site shows that number allocated to a blue 1965 Rolls Royce.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Fiona Richmond.  Now there's a mostly forgotten blast from my misspent youth!  Didn't she live in some sort of Penthouse and her clothes kept falling off? 

I never bought that sort of publication, you understand, because working on the railway ensured a reliable supply from walking through terminating trains that were about to go through the carriage washer to shut the windows.  First class was a guaranteed provider, punters buying the mag to read on the journey and then leaving it on the seat (the magazine, I mean) so as not to risk discovery by the missus.  Dirty b*ggers!

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

On 11/12/2022 at 15:09, CameronL said:

Premier League Footballers get substituted if they're looking tired.

Superleague Hockey Players get substituted if they're looking tired, but get put back on the ice when they

recover.

Premier League Footballers clutch their groins when standing in the wall for a free-kick, just in case someone kicks the ball at them.

Superleague Hockey Players lie down in front of the net in the hope that they'll get in the way when someone hits the puck at them (and it's a lot harder and faster than a football) …

Hockey players take 45 second shifts, then get to rest for about twice that before skating again. At the professional level, there are regular TV timeouts in televised games, which allows extra resting. Plus they have sticks to lean on in breaks in the play.

Football players have the protection of a box, at most. Hockey players are, basically, armoured.

Having said that, I enjoy watching both games being played at the highest levels.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/12/2022 at 15:35, Ramblin Rich said:

Oh, I could get so banned for voicing my opinion on Premier League payments compared to those of us in the real world....

I agree that footballer’s payments at the highest levels are obscene. However, if owners want the glory and acclaim

of having a winning team, are taking in huge amounts from supporters who want to support a winning team and are offering players these obscene amounts, what are the players supposed to do? Say “No, it’s OK, I’ll play for a quarter of that - you keep the rest.”? If owners weren’t prepared to pay these amounts, the players wouldn’t be getting them.

Edited by pH
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

A check on the DVLA site shows that number allocated to a blue 1965 Rolls Royce.

I think you will find the picture is probably one of these:

1965_Rolls-Royce_Silver_Cloud_III_James_

RR-Silver-Cloud-2.jpg

Which is a Silver Cloud III and what it says on the rear of it.

Bear in mind different coachbuilders did variations.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2