The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

6 hours ago, CameronL said:

This is a Class 29.

download.jpeg.2a71a1ae293a1b45053975a1aca4bb40.jpeg

2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Psst. That's a Class 21....

:prankster:

Whatever - it’s a “bucket”! (I was never sure what of.)

Edited by pH

12 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Psst. That's a Class 21....

:prankster:

Sorry. Not being a member of The Illuminated Order of BR Green the difference escapes me. I had the feeling that if I got it wrong one of the Initiated would put my feet back on the True Path. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, CameronL said:

Sorry. Not being a member of The Illuminated Order of BR Green the difference escapes me. I had the feeling that if I got it wrong one of the Initiated would put my feet back on the True Path. 

Nah. Just that I was looking at them the other day pondering buying one and looking at the differences.  :prankster:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

53 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Nah. Just that I was looking at them the other day pondering buying one and looking at the differences.  :prankster:

I should have done my research better. I just saw an engine that immediately made me think "Walrus" on RMWeb captioned "Class 29", Googled same and found the picture that looked most like one. Mea culpa.

At least I can still say I've managed a post that incorporates two items of rolling stock and one aquatic mammal. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

No. This is a Walrus......

HPH-32022_L.jpg

A wonderfully British amphibious plane, you'd never think that it was designed by the same bloke who designed the Schneider Trophy planes, let alone the Spitfire....

Its bad enough being the front gunner, obstructing the pilots view, but the rear gunner is in the "draught" from the pusher propellor, and has unequalled opportunities to dismantle his own tailplane!

And if I recall correctly, the service nickname for it was the "Shagbat".

:whistle:

Edited by Hroth
Spelin... As ushual.
  • Like 6

He was always a bit of a porker. Used to play rugby to a high standard ISTR.

He's one of those that can lose or gain weight depending on the role. I expect that he's playing someone who's fat as I doubt he would wear those trousers normally.

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, petethemole said:

Our neighbourhood chat site has recently featured some complaints about what cats do in other peoples' gardens.  Today this appeared Capture.PNG.e1ef701241ca49d402d8073aa44a156d.PNG

I thought that was a euphemism for something else, but whichever, an air gun should solve the problem.

Mike.