The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

26 minutes ago, big jim said:

Scary thing is the type of people who do that actually run our country

You are not wrong.

DWl1x0TU0AAdUEr.jpg

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

And I, for one, welcome our alien lizard overlords and promise to serve and obey them (it is alleged...).

Not really lizards, as such, but  representative Aquaphibians: a race of undersea warriors who serve Titan*. Their language resembles a series of gurgles.  Understanding their demand to "Take me to your leader" might be difficult...

* See Stingray

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

Sex and motor vehicles aren't a good combination. A lady once said to me (I didn't know that she was into Yoga) "Have you ever tried the Lotus position?"

I replied "Lotus? How do you do it in a sports car? Give me a Ford Transit anytime."

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 5
  • Funny 3

6 hours ago, Hroth said:

Not really lizards, as such, but  representative Aquaphibians: a race of undersea warriors who serve Titan*. Their language resembles a series of gurgles.  Understanding their demand to "Take me to your leader" might be difficult...

* See Stingray

*Nothing to do with me!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Anything can happen in the next half hour! ;)

And after a loop through Fireball XL5 and Captain Scarlett, we came to the 1980s (In GAs imagination at least)...

Big computers, ASR33 Teletypes, String vests and purple hair....   What more could you want?

:smoke:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Hroth said:

And after a loop through Fireball XL5 and Captain Scarlett, we came to the 1980s (In GAs imagination at least)...

Big computers, ASR33 Teletypes, String vests and purple hair....   What more could you want?

:smoke:

A certain Mr. Michael Trim (painter of the Jeff Wayne "War of the World's" album cover, and indeed designer of the War Machines themselves, see later CD version inlay cards) finally got a credit for this show, after contributing to many of Anderson's previous projects.  I studied graphic design under Mike's tutorage, a really nice bloke.  PS, wasn't it Kent Brockman who welcomed our ANT overlords....? 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Yes, it was Kent Brockman's comment about the ants that I based my cowardly surrender (and offer of co-operation in the interests of saving my own miserable hide) upon. 

As for War of the Worlds, my only possible comment is 'ooooo laaahhhh'!  But still... they come.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

A certain Mr. Michael Trim (painter of the Jeff Wayne "War of the World's" album cover, and indeed designer of the War Machines themselves, see later CD version inlay cards)

I've got the triple disc vinyl version (complete with booklet?), I'll have have a look and see if he's mentioned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

I've got the triple disc vinyl version (complete with booklet?), I'll have have a look and see if he's mentioned.

You'll see his sketches of what I think was called "A Handling Machine" with his signature alongside, this wasn't part of the LP sleeve...

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

Just imagine if birds flew like that they wouldn't be able to carp on your car

Better than a fishing mag...

image.png.edbf6f4db220076e45bb6f1ecb5d7028.png

How folk can find interesting suff to write about fishing for carp every month is beyond me!

Oh wait...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I see Star Wars is following good old British Sci Fi and filming in a disused quarry. One that has previously featured in Doctor Who and Blake's Seven.  :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-57068969

So shooting near Nova Scotia then...

https://www.latlong.net/location/world-war-z-locations-500