The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, melmerby said:

I don't know about you but to me a metal spike is a short circuit, that's what he did and the fire was hot, not just a match.

Either way it didn't burn.

Only if it joins two opposing terminals. Uncontrollable lithium battery fires are a known phenomenon, so saying that one particular person couldn't get one to burn doesn't exactly prove anything. 

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Only if it joins two opposing terminals. Uncontrollable lithium battery fires are a known phenomenon, so saying that one particular person couldn't get one to burn doesn't exactly prove anything. 

Driving a spike through the battery will short out the various opposing polarity plates inside, so it is a short circuit.

I know they are more prone to fires than some other battery types but there was some scare stories of them catching fire with little stimulus.

I think the guy was trying to allay the fear that a slight accident and you would get cremated in your car, so was was showing a typical car fire or an accident causing puncturing wouldn't necessarily cause an instant inferno.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

mix.jpg.8c64c8f5a894ee03791cecbc1e2d497c.jpg

Insufficient data; I cannot form a relevant question due to the paucity of information.  We do not know if his twin brother has stated a butt size preference.  Only if he has can we determine his butt prerference.  If he says he likes big 'uns, then, knowing this to be untrue, we can deduce that he likes little 'uns, but (sorry) if he states that he likes little 'uns it necessarily follows that, like his bro, he likes 'em badonkadonk style. 

In any case, why would I ask a question, he asks?  I am being asked to assume the veracity of the inadequate information supplied.  We are, unless we are familiar with Sir Mixalot's repertoire and the lyrical content thereof, assuming that Sir Mixalot has stated that he likes a bit of badonka and  that this is a verified true fact.  With so much having to be taken on trust, I prefer to remain silent on the matter.  2 whole paragraphs of complete waffle silence without asking anything; not bad!

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

No comment on this one......................

179652531_5333237536746764_6610387753267302468_n.jpg

Oh, come on!!!

Accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake......  :blush:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Oh, come on!!!

Accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake......  :blush:

Honestly darling there must be dirt in the carburettor, pardon, don't speak with your mouth full.

Mike.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
On 09/05/2021 at 02:13, manna said:

G'Day Folks

176190633_2776008566063065_7159524687314589607_n.jpg

Scary thing is the type of people who do that actually run our country

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/moment-david-cameron-became-a-victim-of-crime-6903226.html%3famp

He had chained up his bike inPortobello Road, less than a mile from his home, as he went into a supermarket to buy salad for dinner.

However, when he returned five minutes later, the bike was gone. Mr Cameron had chained it to a 2ft bollard, allowing thieves to lift both the bicycle and the lock clear.

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1