The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Buhar said:

Remember who is speaking here. He could just as well have said "armadillos".

Alan 

It's all 'fake news' anyway, if anyone tries to advise him!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

new skills.jpg

This made me really laugh out loud. It is a good thing that I was not in the process of drinking. The monitor; no, the whole desktop would have gotten soaked..

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 15/04/2020 at 12:12, Orion said:

Untitled-1.jpg.e082e06daf3881f610c3fae4c97adf54.jpg

But as the Captain drowned, Captain Trump would not be saying anything (after the event, anyway)!

Or maybe he would have generated enough hot air to melt the iceberg.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, eastglosmog said:

But as the Captain drowned, Captain Trump would not be saying anything (after the event, anyway)!

Or maybe he would have generated enough hot air to melt the iceberg.

Capt Smith might have gone down with his vessel, but Capt Trump would make damn sure he's nowhere near the ship when it went down.

(BTW Yesterday was the 108th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

This made me really laugh out loud. It is a good thing that I was not in the process of drinking. The monitor; no, the whole desktop would have gotten soaked..

My youngest lad thought it was hilarious too, must admit it’s the funniest thing I’ve seen for a while, I’m easily pleased! 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

There is supposed to be an old Russian proverb "In dire extremity, man remembers his god"*. Unfortunately, all the churches are locked!

*The only reference to this I have actually found is in "Comrade Don Camillo", so I have my doubts about its authenticity.

• Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, eastglosmog said:

There is supposed to be an old Russian proverb "In dire extremity, man remembers his god"*. Unfortunately, all the churches are locked!

*The only reference to this I have actually found is in "Comrade Don Camillo", so I have my doubts about its authenticity.

3 minutes ago, Stanley Melrose said:

General Schwarzkopf is reputed to have said that the holiest place on earth is a foxhole on the night before a battle.

The more common version of these is "There's no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole", even Eishenhower has used it.

Of course it comes from a religious perspective, and while fear and stress might drive some 'lapsed believers' back to prayer there are no doubt innumerable counter examples.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Something from the vault, the Barron Knights were a comedy rock/pop group that mostly did parodies of other contemporary acts to get around copyright restrictions of doing covers. This is a particularly good one they made for the 1968 Olympics. An interesting bit of trivia, playing keyboards on this recording is a then unknown session musician named Reg Dwight.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1