The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Never leave it to your 10 year old to sort out the nativity!

Last year was DR Who, this year Nintendo smash bros

911BC0CA-895D-410B-9F4B-996DFE6788DB.jpg

B28988AF-F27D-4634-A737-57FDFAED4057.jpg

374A2982-1352-4643-9D97-B1311AB0D0CD.jpg

5A45D646-0BD6-4F2F-A010-B1F053DB6D94.jpg

Although if I left it to the 15 year old we were having a North American nativity 

23443F61-AFB1-4F18-BFED-2542015A28D3.jpg

3CD7469B-F6EA-4584-AE91-3A9B7A0A367A.jpg

• Like 10
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

At work last week, an ugly 6ft wide stainless steel trench urinal was installed in the Gents.

This morning I found that someone had put a small blue rubber duck in it!

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, big jim said:

Although if I left it to the 15 year old we were having a North American nativity 

A far superior version IMHO.

Mike.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Welly said:

At work last week, an ugly 6ft wide stainless steel trench urinal was installed in the Gents.

This morning I found that someone had put a small blue rubber duck in it!

Are you sure it was a duck?

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, big jim said:

Regarding the last two, whatever happened to the season of peace and goodwill!

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

Regarding the last two, whatever happened to the season of peace and goodwill!

They'd only just invented Christmas so the season of peace and goodwill hadn't caught on yet. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

10 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Well. They are in Palestine after all....

:laugh:

Jason

I once had a discussion with the local minister around the subject "what if the nativity happened today", and I jokingly argued that probably the star would have been assumed to be an assault helicopter with a large searchlight, the three wise men would never have made it as they would have been denied a visa and the shepherds would indeed probably have been armed

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

I saw an example of how "youngsters" do things differently.

in a 'Spoons a group of lads came in. Once they were seated one of them got out his phone did some tapping, then put it away.

About 5 mins later one of the bar staff arrived with an empty coffee cup and some sugar sachets.

The lad then got and walked half way up the pub to the coffee machine which was by the bar to get his coffee which he had presumably ordered on the Wetherspoon app.

Why? He could have walked up to the bar (which wasn't overly busy) paid for his coffee and filled the cup on the way back to his seat.:scratchhead:

What a crazy world!

• Agree 6
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

I saw an example of how "youngsters" do things differently.

in a 'Spoons a group of lads came in. Once they were seated one of them got out his phone did some tapping, then put it away.

About 5 mins later one of the bar staff arrived with an empty coffee cup and some sugar sachets.

The lad then got and walked half way up the pub to the coffee machine which was by the bar to get his coffee which he had presumably ordered on the Wetherspoon app.

Why? He could have walked up to the bar (which wasn't overly busy) paid for his coffee and filled the cup on the way back to his seat.:scratchhead:

What a crazy world!

A crazy world indeed, younsters buying coffee in Weatherspoons!!  in my day it would have been a round of Lagers with vodka chasers.:D

• Agree 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

I once had a discussion with the local minister around the subject "what if the nativity happened today", and I jokingly argued that probably the star would have been assumed to be an assault helicopter with a large searchlight, the three wise men would never have made it as they would have been denied a visa and the shepherds would indeed probably have been armed

At least we'd be able to prove who the father was.  :jester:

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, melmerby said:

What a crazy world!

Laziness really, I keep seeing that many people are driving from one shop to another in a local retail area when the walk is shorter! 

The Spoons app does have the advantage of not losing your table  when travelling alone or not having to remember all the selections st the bar if ordering for several people ;) 

Makes me smile when someone hovering waiting to nab my table while I’m looking at the menu then sees the food delivered ;) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, teaky said:

I my day it would have been proper beer in a proper pub. :drink_mini:

'Spoons is great for beer. Unfortunately there are still too many people with no taste that drink s#&@£ such as John Smiths....

The other day in the one by Liverpool Lime Street they had Phoenix Wobbly Bob for £2.50 and it was spot on. That's a 7% drink.

Currently a winter beer festival on. Which I'll be participating in on Friday.  :drinks:

Jason