The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

There is an old saying

It takes a Poacher to become a Game Keeper.

Done that. Used to be a poacher (metaphorically speaking), spent several years as a gamekeeper in the same field, and now I'm back to being a (much better than hitherto) poacher :D.

• Like 1

Show some respect for our rulers please.

I love my 6ins one and they are good for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

s-l640.jpg

Hi Andy,

Mine is six inch but I don't use it as a rule.

Gibbo.

• RMweb Premium

Too soon?

post-408-0-61252700-1547815393_thumb.jpg

I bet the filling in of the insurance accident claim forms elicited at least one "do you know who I am?"!

Mike.

Pedant alert.....

"Do you not know who one is...…….?"

:jester:

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Amazing

An old scrote prangs his Chelsea Tractor and it knocks Brexit off the news!

Pity they didn't have some concern for the occupants of the other vehicle in the earlier news bulletins.

I only found out later that there were two women that had to go to hospital, one with cuts and one with a broken wrist, there was also a toddler.

Even the county council seemed to be sympathetic to the Duke saying that motorists "regularly speed" down that stretch of road, seemingly trying to put blame on the other driver before the facts were even known.

The obsequeity left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Remember. They are Royal and you are not, only because their ancestors had bigger sticks than your ancestors! :jester:

Keith

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Even the county council seemed to be sympathetic to the Duke saying that motorists "regularly speed" down that stretch of road, seemingly trying to put blame on the other driver before the facts were even known.

That stretch of road has had problems for quite a while with the speed of traffic and the amount of junctions. In 2016 it was decided to fit average speed cameras and reduce the speed limit. This is yet to happen. 

Funny how different people 'read' news stories. At no time did I think that the reporting on the local and national news sought to put blame on either party. But then maybe your last comment probably has more of a bearing on how you interpreted it.