The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

G'Day Folks

Cheops pyramid, was a tomb, but was looted in antiquity, his sarcophagus is still there.

manna  

Would that be the now damaged Granite box that not only is made to within one ten thousandth of an inch and also matches the exact size of the Ark of the Covenant ?

• RMweb Premium

G'Day Folks

Cheops pyramid, was a tomb, but was looted in antiquity, his sarcophagus is still there.

manna  

Cheops?

That version of the name went out of use years ago. :jester:

Anglicised versions of the Egyptian name are used now.

e.g. Khufu

Keith

EDIT Khafre's (the Pharoah of the second pyramid) also has the sarcophagus:

post-6208-0-92919500-1546079458_thumb.jpg

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A visit to the Islington and St Pancras Cemetery in East Finchley will also show that, while the hole your relatives put you in may be the same, what they put on top of it will vary a great deal, in grandeur and cost.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Kieth,

Oh no they aren't !!!

Gibbo.

I'd post it in the correct thread.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/140166-conspiracy-theory-bampots-this-one-is-a-doozy/page-5&do=findComment&comment=3412567

I like his description of the Pyramids...."Some of them are pretty out there" or "They're abstract" 

Edited by chris p bacon

• RMweb Gold

Another barmpot fruitcake adds to the merriment.

Keith

Were the other pyramids mistakes until they got the size right?

Proper loonies detached from reality - I'd love-em but for the vulnerable numpties that believe them.

Kev.

They are models of planets in other solar systems

Hi Ray,

I agree and may I suggest that the category of, " Things that make you :) ",  most certainly contains those people that allege to be educated who then totally dismiss demonstrably proven and measured evidence, mathematical logic applied with scientific rigour and any sense of enquiry into anything at all that may present mystery such as the Pyramids in Egypt.

They are the kinds of imbeciles that claim that the sound application of mathematical logic is simply "playing with numbers", and also that granite may be cut to within a thousandth of an inch with a copper saw by slaves because Zahi Hawass and Co. have conjectured it may be so, ( you might like to demonstrate that one if its true ! ). In fact all they have to do is scream, "Conspiracy !", while offering nothing in the way evidence themselves and that is the end of the matter, sad.

​If these people are so clever I would like one of these conspiracy deniers to explain to me how the Stones of Balbec were quarried without them cracking in the first place and second how they were lifted from the quarry site and put into place for the Romans, who are said to have placed them, only had six ton cranes. The reason I ask is because I do not know.

Here is a quote that actually is on the record:

"We'll know when our disinformation program is complete when everything that the American public believes is false." William Casey former CIA Director 1981.

Such a state of affairs is unfortunately more of a shame than it is funny, but hey, it is still funny !

Gibbo.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I remember reading a book by the respected archaeologist Leonard Cotterell and he spent several chapters dismissing the theories of a whole host of what he called "Great Pyramidiots". Apparently such theories have been around for several centuries.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Columbus was regarded as a crackpot by many in the 1480s. A bit later, Galileo was seen as a dangerous [terrorist] for peddling the foolish notion the Earth orbited the Sun. Science has various theories, many (all?) of which are destined to be replaced by other, better theories as more information comes to light. Why should we think we are at the peak of human knowledge and achievement? Barring an ELE tomorrow morning then surely we as a species are only part-way along a journey and if humanity is around in one or two thousand years time, then I rather suspect there's certain things we take 'as Gospel' that would amuse them mightily - the same way we today might regard some science/beliefs held by people from our past with derision or condescension. 

One thing I found with the restoration work I've done, is how much information is missing from the past - and that's only around 100 years ago... So I find it very understandable that we have massive gaps in our knowledge of a few thousand years ago. I see a number of possible explanations of issues such as construction methods of the pyramids, Stonehenge, Nazca Lines etc. etc.. Some of these are more politically and socially acceptable than others. Yes, some of these theories lead to 'crackpots' trying to make a name for themselves or crooks trying to exploit the vulnerable, but just because it's a minority opinion doesn't necessarily make it incorrect. I've found that often a majority opinion or the established theory has significant holes in its case - that doesn't necessarily make that wrong either, it just means we need more evidence before being able to say with more confidence X is the answer. When the evidence is incomplete, it's often a judgement call. And if you don't know much about the subject matter in question, you could be swayed by factors such as who can present a case better or who appears more plausible. 

• Like 1

G'Day Folks

I've always been told/read/heard that the Pyramids, were the tombs of dead Pharaohs, who, believed in the afterlife and took all their worldly goods with them, (as seen with 'King Tut'), First of all, the dead were buried underground, the 'Pyramid' was just the headstone or marker, slowly this became and actual burial place as the Pyramids got bigger, the same still happens to-day, 'Mines Bigger than Yours" until it culminated in the three largest Pyramids at 'Giza', The trouble is, when you advertise your wealth, you are inviting people to steal it, all the Pyramids were looted within a few years, so the Pharaohs, became a lot more careful, hiding their bodies and loot, in small underground tombs in remote valleys away from prying eyes, even that didn't help, as the people building the tombs, were the ones looting them a year or two later.

As for all the Carp, written about them, it's just that, 'Mostly' Carp.

On a lighter note, here's wishing you all a Happy New year, and don't you wish to be near the Beach

post-19471-0-32654100-1546207906.jpg

• Like 4

G'Day Folks

I've always been told/read/heard that the Pyramids, were the tombs of dead Pharaohs, who, believed in the afterlife and took all their worldly goods with them, (as seen with 'King Tut'), First of all, the dead were buried underground, the 'Pyramid' was just the headstone or marker, slowly this became and actual burial place as the Pyramids got bigger, the same still happens to-day, 'Mines Bigger than Yours" until it culminated in the three largest Pyramids at 'Giza', The trouble is, when you advertise your wealth, you are inviting people to steal it, all the Pyramids were looted within a few years, so the Pharaohs, became a lot more careful, hiding their bodies and loot, in small underground tombs in remote valleys away from prying eyes, even that didn't help, as the people building the tombs, were the ones looting them a year or two later.

As for all the Carp, written about them, it's just that, 'Mostly' Carp.

On a lighter note, here's wishing you all a Happy New year, and don't you wish to be near the Beach

All I could see were the Toblerone tunnels !!!

Google that.

• Like 1