The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Judging by the equipment on show, a tax and insurance check, but how many numberplates would be clkearly visible?

Mike.

Is that not an offence in itself? The computer would ping any number plate it couldn't read.

• RMweb Gold

Is that not an offence in itself? The computer would ping any number plate it couldn't read.

One would hope common sense would kick, although in the case of the police I wouldn't be 100% certain. The practicality of keeping your number plate clear in such conditions is not too good, stopping every 100 yards to check and clear it off isn't a very sensible idea in such weather.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

officer :  why are you stopped in the outside lane of the motorway    :nono:

driver :   checking to ensure my numberplate is clear of snow, can't use the hard shoulder as it is blocked by snow    :angel:

That's why cars need heated number plates.

• RMweb Gold

Why bother? Just fit Romanian or Bulgarian plates to your car, and the police won't bother stopping you. Saves money on MoT, VED, insurance, etc....

Is that a piece of qualified, legal, I-can-quote-a-lawyer-wot-told-me-officer, advice ???

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Lithuainian plates round here, mostly on Audis or BMWs, considering they are mostly working on the fruit farms, you wonder where they get the money...

• RMweb Premium

Lithuainian plates round here, mostly on Audis or BMWs, considering they are mostly working on the fruit farms, you wonder where they get the money...

They probably own the fruit farms :jester:

Keith

Is that a piece of qualified, legal, I-can-quote-a-lawyer-wot-told-me-officer, advice ???

Absolutely not, but you can come down to London and see that they're pretty much all at it. I've even spotted a couple of RHD cars on Albanian plates.

Wonder how much revenue DVLA loses each year from cars changing to foreign plates yet remaining on British roads?

• RMweb Gold

Wonder if that would fit into Bath Green Park....?

[subtle plug]

Come and see this Saturday, at the SWAG Member's Day Saturday evening visit to Taunton MRG at Bishop's Lydeard.

[/subtle plug]

• RMweb Gold

If people REALLY believe the Earth is flat, would one of them please explain what stops all the water running off the edge? - and if it does, where does it all go?

You spend hours time travelling and nicking swords and burying them, pushing the odd dinosaur into a tar pit and checking the pumps that return the water to the springs and SOMEONE wants an explanation.

Let's just call it MAGIC ;)

• Like 2

If people REALLY believe the Earth is flat, would one of them please explain what stops all the water running off the edge? - and if it does, where does it all go?

One of my sons came up with this proof that the world isn't flat: "If the world was flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now".

• Like 7