The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

It seems to have missed the meeting with tea and biscuits, or in my case in 45 minutes time meeting with buffet meal...

• RMweb Gold

It’s been hard but I’d just want to thank a few people for helping with my preperation for this years London marathon.

SCS for the sofa, LG for the TV, Hovis and Danish for the bacon sandwich.

Didn't you realise DFS had a sale on when you bought that?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Now you can't compare Ikea with MFI, at least some things in Ikea work....

Like the meat balls

I was trying to forget them, now you've reminded me!

What was it that MFI stood for?

Manky Footstools Incorporated?

More Flaming Idiots?

Medium-density Fibreboard Inferno?

To be fair we did have a very good room divider/set of shelves from them. We lived in a Wimpey house with a through lounge/dining area. Built up into quite a large strong unit.

Come to think of it, I've no idea where it went when we moved??

To be fair we did have a very good room divider/set of shelves from them. We lived in a Wimpey house with a through lounge/dining area. Built up into quite a large strong unit.

Come to think of it, I've no idea where it went when we moved??

You sure it wasn't holding up your Wimpey house.

MFI like IKEA have a few good products let down by the majority.

I would rather of out together old MFI kitchen units than IKEA kitchens, which are awful. I had two that had to "be sorted by fitter" written on plan.

• RMweb Gold

MFI like IKEA have a few good products let down by the majority.

I would rather of out together old MFI kitchen units than IKEA kitchens, which are awful. I had two that had to "be sorted by fitter" written on plan.

My dad fitted a lot of MFI kitchens 'back in the day' and he couldn't fault them or the service at all. I think their bad reputation came from inexperienced DIYers.

• RMweb Gold

My dad fitted a lot of MFI kitchens 'back in the day' and he couldn't fault them or the service at all. I think their bad reputation came from inexperienced DIYers.

Fitted a few myself. "Back in the day" 40/50 years ago there wasn't really much of an option, the poorest part of them was the eggbox construction of the worktops, you had to be careful clamping the sink units in or there would be tears at bedtime.

Mike.