The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to interrupt a good joke (?) with a grain of truth. Apparently it's not true. According to one of my American friends, if you go to a gun show and try to buy a gun, you have to go through the same checks as if you were in a shop buying the gun.

Aren't the rules different in each state though, some having full checks and some just checking for a pulse.

• Like 2

According to one of my American friends, if you go to a gun show and try to buy a gun, you have to go through the same checks as if you were in a shop buying the gun.

The most commonly requested and supported proposed gun legislation is to close the "gun show loophole" and related legislation efforts labelled "FixNICS" where NICS is the National Instant Criminal Background Check.

Well it is that time of year and the Grand National is soon to be upon us. And as usual there is a wide variety of horse names, ranging from the grand, to the optimistic and/or silly.

Well if I was a rich trainer and had a horse or three in the national, I would choose names to try and make the commentators life hell:

Horse 1: The one in front of that one.

Horse 2: Which one.

Horse 3: That one.

Then see how they cope as they pass each other!

• Like 3

Well it is that time of year and the Grand National is soon to be upon us. And as usual there is a wide variety of horse names, ranging from the grand, to the optimistic and/or silly.

Well if I was a rich trainer and had a horse or three in the national, I would choose names to try and make the commentators life hell:

Horse 1: The one in front of that one.

Horse 2: Which one.

Horse 3: That one.

Then see how they cope as they pass each other!

If you don't mind humour with a strong adult flavour you might enjoy Derek and Clive "at the races" - look it up on You Tube.  As I said - strong language and a very adult theme!!

JIm