The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Maybe Daphne has gone in search of her little ones?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/feb/12/great-escape-bath-toys-pacific

Edited by Kylestrome

Each time I've past by there in the morning, the loco has been at the London end.

It may have been heading back into one of the 3 long roads used for stabling the NR trains and class 66 locos.

These 3 roads I believe end at the turntable which is still there. If so, it wouldn't have been recording.

• RMweb Gold

It’s normally running prior to departure unless it was a transit move and it continually records, i recon the train was arriving in to siding when it happened (pictured 37 leading)

Funnily enough TIC2 is lined up for my IM workbench

• RMweb Gold

If it was recording RIAB (or whatever they're now calling themselves) has dibs on it Jim ;) But in time they'll probably release the footage as part of their report.

RAIB don't get involved in all derailments, reportable incidents don't necessarily lead to a RAIB investigation. I doubt they'll be attending if there are no injuries as it's in a yard and not passenger stock or affecting the public directly.

It may be left to NR & FOC to investigate between them. If that's the case you won't hear any more as those reports stay within the industry if not in the public interest for wider safety. Much like you get no public reports on a minor crash in a lorry depot.

They would attend if it was a railtour on goods lines regardless as there would be public on board.

Edited by PaulRhB