The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Looks like a 'photoshop' job to me...

Yes I added the captions in Photoshop. Most of my photos have captions either in the image or on a border. Apart from that and cropping the image to concentrate on the bit I was, perhaps unkindly, poking fun at, nothing has been changed. 

• RMweb Gold

Stopped at traffic lights in Fife today; the vehicle in front of me was in the livery of a company called 'Dial a Tow' breakdown and accident recovery.

It was a Smart Car!

Talking of Smart cars, I saw this neat parking arrangement while sitting on a train at Guildford. I have seen a couple parked at right-angles to the kerb. Both were on fairly wide roads.

post-14351-0-35036700-1521055890_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Talking of Smart cars, I saw this neat parking arrangement while sitting on a train at Guildford. I have seen a couple parked at right-angles to the kerb. Both were on fairly wide roads.

attachicon.gifSmart parking solution Guildford 26 3 2015.jpg

If they put little wheels on the spoiler they could be stood on end to save parking space.

They'd be no good for me though, I'd need two, one for each foot.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

I was driving one of our buses yesterday and noticed that although it is limited to 50 mph, the speedometer goes up to 200mph.

Just watch out for the speed traps on the A65.......

Cheers

Mick

• Like 1

Hi All,

I spotted this in W. H. Smiths in Reading - I don’t know if this is funny but it’s a bit scary...

post-14393-0-80691900-1521127678_thumb.jpeg

Is murder a leisure / pastime activity now? Yikes!

All the best,

Castle

• Like 1

NOTIFICATION OF COMPULSORY ENLISTMENT

Under the Emergency Powers Act (1939) as amended by the Defence Act (1979) , you are hereby notified that you are required to place yourself on standby for possible compulsory military service in the British Conflict with Russia .

You may shortly be ordered to depart for Russia where you will join either the 3rd Battalion of the Queens Own Suicidal Conscripts or the 2nd Foot and Mouth. The Regulars are too busy driving Green Goddesses or assisting in flood relief to be there themselves.

Due to the recent rundown of the Royal Navy and the refusal of Cunard to lend us any of their liners, because of the deplorable state in which they were returned after the Falklands adventure, it will be necessary for you to make your own way to the combat zone. H.M. Government has been able to negotiate a 20% discount on one-way trips to Russia with Virgin Airlines and you are strongly advised to take advantage of this offer (Ryanair also do a nice little £39.99 one-way trip).
If you are in possession of an airworthy Harrier, we'd gladly let you join us.

Because of cutbacks in Government expenditure in recent years, it will be necessary for you to provide yourself with the following equipment as soon as possible:

* Tins of Spam
* Combat trousers (preferably khaki ? but no disco camouflage)
* False moustaches
* Incontinence pads
* Gas mask or canary
* Map of the combat zone (lonely planet guide or Moscow leisure map of Russia is suitable)
* Travel Scrabble (for long hours in barracks while waiting for Theresa May to decide what to do)

If you are in a position to afford it, we would like you to purchase a Tank (Vickers Defence of Banbury are currently offering all new conscripts a 0% finance deal on all X registration Chieftains, but hurry, as offer is only available whilst stocks last).

We should like to reassure you that in the unlikely event of anything going wrong, you will receive a free burial in the graveyard of your choice, and your next of kin will be entitled to the new War pension of £3.75 per calendar month, index-linked but subject to means testing, and fully repayable should our side eventually lose.

There may be little time for formal military training before your departure and so we advise that you should hire videos of the following films and try to pick up as many tips as you can whilst you watch these films:

* The Guns of Navarone
* Blazing Saddles
* Kelly's Heroes
* A Bridge Too Far
* The Longest Day
* Apocalypse Now
* The Matrix
* Mary Poppins

Yours faithfully

G Williamson 
Ministry of Defence

• Like 2

The following are on standby for further orders.  They can be found in the queue for the toilet.

The Queen's Royal Gherkins 

The German Brown Pants.   (They were green originally.)

The Third Afrika CO-OP

The S.O.S.

My Son and his rowing boat if there is 'Another Dunny'.

• RMweb Gold

Watch out for cyber-attacks on your digital control units. Your coach lighting may come on in daylight and your new Andrew Barclay tanks will sound like Deltics. HSTs will crawl along while 08s will zoom round at 125mph - oh! that happens already.