The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Whilst looking for a spare part for my electric shower I noticed that one of the models was shown as "wireless"

Quote "Enjoy a warm-up mode so that the shower is ready when you are"

Quote "even embrace the convenience of controlling your shower from your smartphone" :scratchhead:

No doubt the phone shops will be getting returned phones 'cos they don't work in the shower :onthequiet:

All the showers I have had reach the temperature very quickly, long before you have finished faffing with phone app! :jester:

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Whilst looking for a spare part for my electric shower I noticed that one of the models was shown as "wireless"

Quote "even embrace the convenience of controlling your shower from your smartphone" :scratchhead:

No doubt the phone shops will be getting returned phones 'cos they don't work in the shower :onthequiet:

All the showers I have had reach the temperature very quickly, long before you have finished faffing with phone app! :jester:

Keith

Yes, but if someone else is in the shower.....

• RMweb Gold

Keith

File under technology for technologies sake.

Similar to a house buying programme a while ago, it had a £1.7m house in Greece, which, as one of it's selling points, according to the lady who was the agent, had a central heating system which could be controlled from London, very useful!

Mike.

Similar to a house buying programme a while ago, it had a £1.7m house in Greece, which, as one of it's selling points, according to the lady who was the agent, had a central heating system which could be controlled from London, very useful!

Mike.

Hmm. I can control the heating for my modest 3-bed semi from anywhere in the world*. However that is incidental, as long as I can turn it on when I am about 45mins from home.

*that has usable mobile phone reception...

• RMweb Premium

Mike.

If you had friends staying in it, while you were in London, you could play games with them, by turning it off on a cold night, or turn it on, if it's hot! Repeat as required.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hmm. I can control the heating for my modest 3-bed semi from anywhere in the world*. However that is incidental, as long as I can turn it on when I am about 45mins from home.

I don't understand this fetish for controlling the heating on your phone. What's wrong with a timeswitch?

• RMweb Gold

I don't understand this fetish for controlling the heating on your phone. What's wrong with a timeswitch?

If you've got a half decent heating system in a half decently insulsated house then you should have a weather compensated control system which is left on 24/7 so the fabric of the house doesn't get cold.

Saves on heating bills and saves on wear and tear of the house too.

If you've got a crappy heating system that needs to be turned on in advance at random times using a phone, then you've wasted your money fitting the control system.

Mike.

• Like 1

I live on my own and the time I get home varies. A timeswitch that turns on at the same time each day results in an empty house being heated unnecessarily, wasting energy.

Disgusted to hear that despite of the recent fiasco of DHL failing to deliver KFC products that they have now gone and won the Cadburys contract, great timing just before Easter!

Problem is they now don't know what to deliver first.. The chicken or the egg!