The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Boringly, I've found a thread about the original of that - Japanese:

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/10884-toblerone-train/

I think it was on "Japan Railway Journal" (NHK TV on satellite in the UK) a while back

If you don't mind the very odd presenting style it can be a quite interesting programme. Even though it naturally bangs the Japanese drum a bit.

Even Russell Totten, the British presenter on the show gets into the Nipponese style of things. Quite amusing at times.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

I was in a coffee shop a couple of weeks ago and two girls (age 20+ I would guess) were sitting at a table taking selfies.

They were there when I arrived and they were still there 45 minutes or so later when I left.

They spent the whole time taking the pictures, first at one angle then another, then they would swap places and repeat it all over again. Then the other would do it (using the same phone) and it all repeated again ad infinitum.

At a rough guess I would reckon they took a minimum of a hundred pictures, possibly in the several hundreds (I wasn't counting!)

It takes all sorts! :jester:

Keith

Third of people who need to have smear tests do not attend for the tests due to 'embarrassment about bodies'. (Have not shaved/waxed etc).

I have to have a colonoscopy every 3 or 4 years and I do not worry about the state of my arseole, (she normally comes with me for support anyway).

So why are they putting their lives at risk.

Edited by andytrains

Third of people who need to have smear tests do not attend for the tests due to 'embarrassment about bodies'. (Have not shaved/waxed etc).

I have to have a colonoscopy every 3 or 4 years and I do not worry about the state of my arseole, (she normally comes with me for support anyway).

So why are they putting their lives at risk.

"I went to see the doctor last week and he told me to strip off all over!

- I wouldn't have minded, but I'd only washed for a stiff neck!"   

Al Read)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Spotted this in Brum last week

As part of the tram works this area was re-laid and you can see the outline of kerb stones marking the vehicular traffic route

You can also see some rising bollards (currently retracted)

So why has some plonker put a signpost right in the middle?

post-6208-0-56860600-1516834935_thumb.jpg

Keith

had to share this sent back to a customer today by customer services after they noticed he had yet again signed the electronic pad "batman " told to get a proper signature as vendor wont accept this one after a good giggle about humourless people he resigned the pd only this time as "bruce wayne " two hours later and customer services don't appear to have noticed 

• RMweb Premium

I'll have a stab at this by saying that as the traffic / crossing signals are bagged out of use, I'd say that road is no longer accessible to road traffic. 

Actually It was a bit of a cheat. :nono:

The signpost was there before the re paving which made it look like it was plonked down in the wrong place, athough I'm sure it was moved.

Before there was no normal access at all, due to a line of bollards.

2009: https://goo.gl/maps/mFfqZsFg2KB2

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Actually It was a bit of a cheat. :nono:

The signpost was there before the re paving which made it look like it was plonked down in the wrong place, athough I'm sure it was moved.

Before there was no normal access at all, due to a line of bollards.

2009: https://goo.gl/maps/mFfqZsFg2KB2

Keith

Must be fun getting the fire engine in..