The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I thought the idea of gritty gritty was to stop (reduce chances of) bang bang....I thought the idea of gritty gritty was to stop (reduce chances of) bang bang....

That needed saying twice.

But according to Americans a Banana is not a fruit, it's a Herb

Do they? That's news to me.

Wikipedia has this to say: The banana is an edible fruit – botanically a berry – produced by several kinds of large herbaceous flowering plants in the genus Musa.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Gold

Do they? That's news to me.

Wikipedia has this to say: The banana is an edible fruit – botanically a berry – produced by several kinds of large herbaceous flowering plants in the genus Musa.

Having done a few quizzes with some Americans it's one of the questions that comes up time and again. 

Although the funniest was the question "Who was Henry the 8ths 3rd wife" the answer was "Jane Seymour" to which a very nice American lady said " I never knew she married Royalty....and she's a lovely actress"...we gave up explaining the 450 year gap.

• Like 1

Having done a few quizzes with some Americans it's one of the questions that comes up time and again. 

I've lived here for 32 years and never once heard an American call a banana a herb, or an 'erb for that matter.

I will stipulate that they say tom-ate-ohs rather than tom-art-ohs and in a trivia context will call them fruit.

Edited by Ozexpatriate