The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully your sewage system can cope with the fallout!

Ahem! The system is sewerage. Even I suppose inside oneself. The product (or in this case, ...) is, well, the other one.

- Richard.

• RMweb Premium

A friend's grandson is a paramedic and helps out in A&E as and when. A recent patient was the most obese person he had ever seen, and was clearly in considerable pain. After failing to identify the usual possible causes, an examination found two TV remote controls. One inside a roll of fat near an arm, and the second one nearer the tummy.

I hope this is acceptable for the forum but I've been smiling since yesterday when I got the story.

- Richard.

• RMweb Gold

A friend's grandson is a paramedic and helps out in A&E as and when. A recent patient was the most obese person he had ever seen, and was clearly in considerable pain. After failing to identify the usual possible causes, an examination found two TV remote controls. One inside a roll of fat near an arm, and the second one nearer the tummy.

I hope this is acceptable for the forum but I've been smiling since yesterday when I got the story.

- Richard.

https://allaboutlemon.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/lost-puppy.jpg

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Gold

Which one is Bombardier Billy Wells?

Mike

Not sure. It's unfortunate that we've just missed World Trivia Day as not a lot of people know the gongs were made of polstyrene, Billy (and others in that role) didn't actually hit the gong or it would have brpoken. We hear James Blades the percussionist actually hitting a real orchestral gong.

Must find my anorak.... I need to get out more.....

• RMweb Premium

Not sure. It's unfortunate that we've just missed World Trivia Day as not a lot of people know the gongs were made of polstyrene, Billy (and others in that role) didn't actually hit the gong or it would have brpoken. We hear James Blades the percussionist actually hitting a real orchestral gong.

Must find my anorak.... I need to get out more.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gongman

Keith

Went to a restaurant in Blackpool yesterday that does a ‘chicken wing challenge’ where you have to eat 8 mega hot wings in 8 minutes and have no drink for 10 mins afterwards, all to win a hat!!

anyway I didn’t do it but my eldest had a go having already decided last time we were there to give it a go, he had to sign a disclaimer before starting too!!

2A081650-0184-48C2-848A-EC72AC6F20BC.jpg

I wouldn’t say it was hot but some of the sauce splashed on my hand which i licked off and just that burned my mouth but fair do’s to him he started eating them and despite running eyes and a lot of runny snot he managed to eat the lot and win his hat!!

7FCA7B17-5111-400F-BA93-C0A2395712D6.jpg

After the 10 mins no drink rule he then downed 2 pints of milk!!

Apparently no one has ever finished the challenge before today, so he’s now the first picture on the wall of fame!

I could do that some day.

Well Oz, there is not many star bucks in Melbourne in fact my eldest plays the find the star bucks game.... this is after the 2008 down turn when a heap of them just closed up! We did find the "infection" has come back in the cbd but it was only 4 or 5...

Well Oz, there is not many star bucks in Melbourne in fact my eldest plays the find the star bucks game.... this is after the 2008 down turn when a heap of them just closed up! We did find the "infection" has come back in the cbd but it was only 4 or 5...

That's because Melbourne is so snobbish about coffee.

Coffee culture was pretty big here in the Northwest but we exported it worldwide and now what we have is *mostly* indistinct from everywhere else, with a couple of local eccentricities.

There were many chains that were founded here in Portland (and of course Seattle, where the mermaid was born) that have been acquired by the evil mermaid empire. I remember seeing Starbucks literally on opposite corners of intersections in Vancouver, BC, largely as a result of these acquisitions. In some places like skyscrapers in San Francisco, you see Starbucks on both sides of the street. In these cases, their markets are largely vertical.

There are at least five Starbucks outlets in the suburban town where I work. Two of them operated across the street from each other inside supermarkets. One of the supermarkets actually closed due to the competition across the street, but the Starbucks continues to operate. In the 'burbs their biggest competition are the drive through espresso shacks.

• RMweb Premium

That's because Melbourne is so snobbish about coffee.

Coffee culture was pretty big here in the Northwest but we exported it worldwide and now what we have is *mostly* indistinct from everywhere else, with a couple of local eccentricities.

There were many chains that were founded here in Portland (and of course Seattle, where the mermaid was born) that have been acquired by the evil mermaid empire. I remember seeing Starbucks literally on opposite corners of intersections in Vancouver, BC, largely as a result of these acquisitions. In some places like skyscrapers in San Francisco, you see Starbucks on both sides of the street. In these cases, their markets are largely vertical.

There are at least five Starbucks outlets in the suburban town where I work. Two of them operated across the street from each other inside supermarkets. One of the supermarkets actually closed due to the competition across the street, but the Starbucks continues to operate. In the 'burbs their biggest competition are the drive through espresso shacks.

What is REALLY needed, is a Wobbies World. That would give the Martians something to think about!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wobbies_World