The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Classic album covers recreated... with kittens.

http://thekittencovers.tumblr.com/

What, no Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band? (Without question the most famous and recognizable album cover of all time.)

Bit surprised there's no News of the World or Bicycle Race (Queen), Electric Ladyland (Hendrix) or anything by Kiss.

Somehow Carol King's Tapestry wouldn't work very well in this meme.

• RMweb Premium

I was subjected to Frank Zappa as a teenager by my older (10 years) brother. . . . so much so, I was going to be a dental floss farmer.

Apparently I have most of it, given to me on a usb drive but I can only listen to a little at a time, for the same safety reasons!

• RMweb Gold

Apparently I have most of it, given to me on a usb drive but I can only listen to a little at a time, for the same safety reasons!

Just 2 words to say.....

'Valley girls' ..like ..you..know...totally  . . like. .wow. . . uhah...

A couple of years ago Number one son was trying to find my big brother on Facebook, he said he wasn't on there but I looked over his shoulder and pointed to a profile and said "that's him". .how do you know said son "That's Sheik Yerbouti" I replied.

That is something I have never been able to understand - why would anybody consider carp to be any kind of delicacy?

I believe that it is also popular in Germany. The recipe that we were given was to place the carp on a piece of wood. Place it in the oven and cook for several hours. When tender, throw away the carp and eat the wood.

Best wishes

Eric  

• Like 2

You're welcome to Carp !  Every Christmas Eve (the big day in that part of the world), my late Mother in law prepared Carp for the evening meal. There was always lots left over. One year Mrs. DavidR asked her why so much waste? She replied that she didn't really like it, (neither did Father in law, neither did we). So, the following year she prepared some plaice: it was all eaten and so much nicer.

The downside to Carp is that Polish supermarkets, at this time of the year, have huge tanks with little water full of gasping Carp. You can carry it home live, or they'll dispatch it with a hammer and you can take a dead one home. I'm no animal activist, but it all seems a bit cruel.

One funny story relating to Carp was the first Christmas I spent in Poland in 1999. Invited to a friend's house, later in the evening I asked to use the bathroom. Upon entering I was amazed to see two carp swimming in the bath ! Have you ever tried to use the toilet with four fishy eyes gazing at you? Apparently, having bought your live Carp, you keep them for 48 hours in clean water to get all the dirt out of their systems. Quite what they taste like with shampoo in their system I've no idea.

Edited by DavidR
  • Like 1

Apparently available via Amazon - the things you learn every day.

What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?

And some people think Trainspotters need to get a life, really??