The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

, and Geordie lasses need to exchange the boob tube for a strappy top!

Mike.

No need for a big coat in certain Northern climes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxXbpHeIrUc

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

There was an episode of Grand Designs with a couple building a houseboat out of scavenged junk (and getting moved on from one marina to the next). Well I say a couple - it looked more like he was doing it and she was doing a lot of shrugging and sighing.

Edited by eastwestdivide

• RMweb Gold

I've had a barbeque in Toronto in a few inches of snow. Well, the cooking was done outdoors.

We ate indoors.

There is a lot of tailgating done at sports events in North America, whatever the temperature. Did one at a New England American Football match in well sub zero conditions, and then went in the stadium and sat on aluminum benches for 3 hours, most invigorating.

Mike.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

And there are a lot more like that!

Keith

I don’t know the area at all or what the story behind the boats is but if a load of similarly adorned ‘colourful’ ex ambulances, post office vans, buses etc turned up en masse in a field and set up a new age camp they would be moved on in days by the council, how are (some of) those boats allowed to be moored there looking the way they do

• RMweb Premium

I don’t know the area at all or what the story behind the boats is but if a load of similarly adorned ‘colourful’ ex ambulances, post office vans, buses etc turned up en masse in a field and set up a new age camp they would be moved on in days by the council, how are (some of) those boats allowed to be moored there looking the way they do

There rest of the district/area looks pretty nice but there is a whole line of those eyesores along the Riverbank. Easy to spot on Google Earth:

https://goo.gl/maps/i5cuqjjQMYU2

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I don't know how they did it, but Woodbridge Council have managed to get all the houseboat owners to tidy up their abodes. 

Generally most house boats on the East Coast seem to be owned/designed/decorated by those who want to live some sort of alternative lifestyle and display it to others. Sometimes they are delightful, more often not.

• Like 2