The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Actually I have noticed recently that these so called pound shops are increasingly selling products that cost more than a pound (Multipacks of Cola = £2) and perfumes/aftershaves for considerably more.  Think they are having to adapt to meet the competition from places like B&M and others

Jim

Not really surprising. Inflation has gone up considerably since this type of shop opened. So the price has gone up.

I'd rather them be honest enough to do that, rather reduce the size/quantity within the packet. That is something that really annoys me, to find that the goods get smaller, but the price remains the same.

• RMweb Premium

£ shops are of course unlike Canadian $ shops, where things cos 1$ PLUS Tax. Confusing for the Brits, where we assume the listed price will be what you pay at the checkout.

Yes, we have the same law for retail outlets, where the included price must be shown. Trade prices can be excluding GST though and as a tradie, I do sometimes get caught!

No it doesn't. It has a promotion advertising two items being sold at £1 whose RRP are £2 and £2.99, i.e. they are being sold at either half or a third of their 'recommended' prices.

Life's too short...

• RMweb Premium

Not really surprising. Inflation has gone up considerably since this type of shop opened. So the price has gone up.

I'd rather them be honest enough to do that, rather reduce the size/quantity within the packet. That is something that really annoys me, to find that the goods get smaller, but the price remains the same.

Poundland might need a change of name if they put the prices up.

Mind you, they use the brand "Dealz" in the Isle of Man, where everything is £1.20 (except, no doubt, for the things that aren't).

• RMweb Premium

Mind you, they use the brand "Dealz" in the Isle of Man, where everything is £1.20 (except, no doubt, for the things that aren't).

Our local poundland is now know as 'Poundland Plus'

• RMweb Gold

As are the stores over here in Spain, even to the extent of everything being the same price apart from those that aren't!

Seems to be a get out clause.

Mike