The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

As we don't have a 'things that make you groan' section ...

Yesterday I passed Country Harvest, a cafe/gift shop near Ingleton. A new wooden building was under construction and a big new sign has been errected announcing 'Christmas Cabin opens 1st September'.

• Like 2

Yesterday I passed Country Harvest, a cafe/gift shop near Ingleton. A new wooden building was under construction and a big new sign has been errected announcing 'Christmas Cabin opens 1st September'.

I past the shop on Saturday and saw them building it I did wonder what they were doing.

Marc

Looking for a way to combat these companies phoning up 'regarding your accident'.  Here is an easy on to try yourself.

In response to the initial sales pitch respond with "Oh great, yes I have had a recent accident, so I want to claim compensation ", the caller will be excited and ask for details. 

Your reply will be: 

"Yes I had a terrible accident the other day, I had a dose of the scoots and couldn't find a loo, I sharted myself and totally ruined a good pair of boxers and an expensive pair of Levi's, not to say the psychological damage I sustained having to walk home stinking of sh!t with a big stain on my backside, so how do I make a claim??? 

See what response that gets you! laughing.gif

Jim

• Like 1

Yesterday I passed Country Harvest, a cafe/gift shop near Ingleton. A new wooden building was under construction and a big new sign has been erected announcing 'Christmas Cabin opens 1st September'.

The long lead time between then and Christmas means it'll be more likely that Santa's Grotty by December.

• RMweb Gold

Looking for a way to combat these companies phoning up 'regarding your accident'.  Here is an easy on to try yourself.

In response to the initial sales pitch respond with "Oh great, yes I have had a recent accident, so I want to claim compensation ", the caller will be excited and ask for details. 

Your reply will be: 

"Yes I had a terrible accident the other day, I had a dose of the scoots and couldn't find a loo, I sharted myself and totally ruined a good pair of boxers and an expensive pair of Levi's, not to say the psychological damage I sustained having to walk home stinking of sh!t with a big stain on my backside, so how do I make a claim??? 

See what response that gets you! laughing.gif

Jim

Another way is to say 'Well I didn't realise I'd had that much to drink so I couldn't help running into that BMW and writing it off'

• RMweb Premium

Another way is to say 'Well I didn't realise I'd had that much to drink so I couldn't help running into that BMW and writing it off'

Good, except for a minor detail. If you're that p****d, your insurance will be void & so your premiums paid, won't count for anything! Isn't that one of the first questions asked on a claim?

• RMweb Premium

But is it a shop that intends to sell Christmas decorations/cards, by any chance? No point waiting until the middle of December before it opens, otherwise it would be an exceptionally poor business model.

But is it a shop that intends to sell Christmas decorations/cards, by any chance? No point waiting until the middle of December before it opens, otherwise it would be an exceptionally poor business model.

There are at least two on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh that trade in Xmas decorations/cards all year round

Jim

• RMweb Premium

There are at least two on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh that trade in Xmas decorations/cards all year round

Jim

Yes we certainly have them here. In fact many people have a "Christmas in July" (Why July & not June - because July is the coldest month), so a Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, on a day when is NOT going to be stinking hot.

So those shops get two bites at the cherry, for a minority at least. Although you do have to wonder, what they do for 9 months of the year. Build a layout in their spare time?

• RMweb Premium

The Base on the Falklands Islands hold FIxmass each year on the 25th Jun, as it's their sort of mid winter celebration.

• RMweb Gold

Good, except for a minor detail. If you're that p****d, your insurance will be void & so your premiums paid, won't count for anything! Isn't that one of the first questions asked on a claim?

Indeed it is - but the last thing these parasites are is an insurance company.

• RMweb Premium

Indeed it is - but the last thing these parasites are is an insurance company.

Yes, but no doubt they would take the opportunity to collect your details, for the 'claim'. Since you will presumably have the details of the other party(ies), they will want them too!

Yes we certainly have them here. In fact many people have a "Christmas in July" (Why July & not June - because July is the coldest month), so a Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, on a day when is NOT going to be stinking hot.

So those shops get two bites at the cherry, for a minority at least. Although you do have to wonder, what they do for 9 months of the year. Build a layout in their spare time?

There's a Christmas shop in a small country town inland of Perth. It's open from the beginning of April until the end of December and seems to do a roaring trade year round. Such is the novelty and its local fame that coach parties turn up specifically to visit it.

Not that I'm complaining. Some of my own wares are in the gift shop next door so I'm not averse to anything that gets punters and their money into the town :D.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Yes, but no doubt they would take the opportunity to collect your details, for the 'claim'. Since you will presumably have the details of the other party(ies), they will want them too!

But they don't have my details - that is what they come fishing for.  They are just a  bunch of scum chancers who pick on a name and 'phone number and make up the rest in the hope that some dumbo will fall for it.  There is one simple test - just ask them 'which accident,where?' and the inevitable answer will be one in a place or city where you have either never been and definitely where you either have never driven a car or definitely haven't driven one this century.

In any case I normally tell them to go forth and urinate (or words to that effect)..

• Like 4

There's a Christmas shop in a small country town inland of Perth. It's open from the beginning of April until the end of December and seems to do a roaring trade year round. Such is the novelty and its local fame that coach parties turn up specifically to visit it.

Not that I'm complaining. Some of my own wares are in the gift shop next door so I'm not averse to anything that gets punters and their money into the town :D.

Pat, Is that the one over in Toodyay ?