The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Or paraffin if it is an older tail lamp. Unless you call them something different if it is not electric?

Still a lamp but don't use paraffin, the correct stuff is lamp oil which has paraffin 'base' with an added component to make it burn cleanly and stop it smoking and mucking up the lamp's lens etc.   

Still a lamp but don't use paraffin, the correct stuff is lamp oil which has paraffin 'base' with an added component to make it burn cleanly and stop it smoking and mucking up the lamp's lens etc.   

On the odd occasion when I had to replace signal lamps I was quite surprised to see the "shapes"formed by the wick being set slightly too high. Almost like thick tubes of soot.

...Doesn't seem to affect the local Orthodox religious community, but then again maybe they don't know what the smell is.

There's so much choice in orthodoxy these days! Having had a little to do with their securing the building, I was invited to one such to celebrate their making progress on elaborating, enhancing, gilding, decorating, painting and varnishing the building interior within an inch of its life, and you might have been excused for thinking it was a solvent abuser's club meet. Somewhat surprising that the plentiful beeswax candles were not burning in many colours. Brings a smile every time I recall it.

... a young girl sneaks out of her grandparents house for a crafty smoke in the evenings ...

So she cannot take her fag ends home! Provide a tin as a bin, if a 'tea and sympathy' chat cannot persuade her to kick the weed ASAP?

• Like 2