The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Never had lego, I went straight to airfix, first planes and tanks then once I had a model railway their railway kits...

Lego is the best introduction to scratchbuilding there is, you have to think outside of the box, you missed something in your childhood.

Mike.

Lego is the best introduction to scratchbuilding there is, you have to think outside of the box, you missed something in your childhood.

Mike.

Nah....... Meccano... Building cranes, bridges, vehicles with proper steering etc... (Well, 50 years ago, anyway!)

• RMweb Premium

Mike.

Well, it's a bit difficult to build a Lego set without getting it out of the box so you have no choice but to think of it outside of the box...

;)

We had an 'Anti-social Club' at my workplace. (An off-shoot of the regular company social club, which was too widely spread)

Coach trips, Legoland / Thorpe Park / Chessington for the kids,  Brewery tours, Boat-trips, (including Sea-fishing), Darts, Skittles. Snooker, Billiards, Ten-pin bowling, even Table-tennis, (Ping-pong) for the (So-called) 'Grown-ups'

Great Bunch o' Lads...

Edited by Ceptic
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

^

Very nice Tim but I think both sentences need to have the "Everything" replaced by "Some things".

Kev.

(2 + 2 = 4 etc... Just imagine I said it.)

^

Very nice Tim but I think both sentences need to have the "Everything" replaced by "Some things".

Kev.

(2 + 2 = 4 etc... Just imagine I said it.)

Careful, Kev. Certain assumptions have to be made before you can say 2 + 2 = 4.

You could for example say that 2 + 2 = 100.

You did want the answer in binary, didn't you?

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Careful, Kev. Certain assumptions have to be made before you can say 2 + 2 = 4.

You could for example say that 2 + 2 = 100.

You did want the answer in binary, didn't you?

Shouldn't that be 10 + 10 = 100? 2 is not a valid number in binary, being only valid in ternary or higher bases.

Shouldn't that be 10 + 10 = 100? 2 is not a valid number in binary, being only valid in ternary or higher bases.

You're assuming I believed the question to be in binary. All I said was that I was assuming the answer was needed in binary. I assumed the question was in base 10 and the answer was needed in binary, purely for illustrative/argumentative purposes.

My post was merely to illustrate the assumptions made behind such apparently simple sums, assumptions which you've just made in your post.

Cage round the head filled with rats? IIRC, long time since I read it.

Two rats - enough to break Winston. Actually, I was thinking of the 2+2=4, which he held on to, desperately, until O'Brien confronted him with "The worst thing in the World". In his terror, he abandoned Truth - and Julia ...

"Rats!" was a quote from Charlie Brown, his euphemism for "Damn!" - I should have anticipated your riposte.

• RMweb Premium

Two rats - enough to break Winston. Actually, I was thinking of the 2+2=4, which he held on to, desperately, until O'Brien confronted him with "The worst thing in the World". In his terror, he abandoned Truth - and Julia ...

"Rats!" was a quote from Charlie Brown, his euphemism for "Damn!" - I should have anticipated your riposte.

You can see my reading type from my response it seems.

• Like 1